M-2 resurrected!

Bringing up this old post. We got the power supply to work fine (replaced a couple of resistors and diodes). Still could not get bias on LH side and RH was random so I sent it to Dave to see if he can chase down this problem.

So far he has replaced the TO-220 driver and was able to get a bias reading but its not stable.

Dave, may much karma go your way :yes:

I love threads like this. I appreciate the time it takes to take good photos while in the midst of a project like this and just wanted to say "thank you!"

I love threads like this. I appreciate the time it takes to take good photos while in the midst of a project like this and just wanted to say "thank you!"

No problem, I was just returning the favor for others who have done the same. Photos sure help. Dave still has my amp in his queue.

I'll be following in your footsteps this week. I'm picking up a M-2 w/great cosmetics, one weak cahnnel, $100. I coudn't walk away from this one.

Wish me luck.
BH

Long story short. I ended up buying this piece from stoutblock a while back.

After rebuilding the bias circuit on one channel it has been performing fabulously until.... Last night. I don't have the spare time right now to troubleshoot. Judging from the symptoms so far, it must have blown one or both of the mains fuses . No lights,no clicky, no transformer inrush hum.:scratch2: Happy friggin birthday Dave.:D

funny how that amp caused problems. My other M-2 has never been touched and has always worked perfect. go figure

funny how that amp caused problems. My other M-2 has never been touched and has always worked perfect. go figure

Yeah. I was listening to it very early this morning. Might have had it cranked up to .5 watts or less. Went up to the kitchen to refill the coffee. Came back and the amp was dead.No lights,no nothing.....So I fired up the B-6's and pressed on.

Sounds similar to a PC2002M that baffled Fred in San Diego, couldn't get that board channel to stay stable either.

Wonder if its a conductive path somewhere? At least the fuses blew, hope it wasn't the outputs.

hope it wasn't the outputs.
I'm bett'n it probably is. I'm thinking the amp probably has been working just fine for close to 18 months at least.

I don't remember. I haven't had any free time to even pop the cover on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom