What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

wags1459 - nice. Good to see the last of the 'real' integrated amps from McIntosh before they went all weird with digital stuff. The MA6850/6800 has become quite rare as collectors have snapped them up.

Thank you of the positive feedback! I had fallen in love with McIntosh for sometime and began to save. It Just so happened that right around the time I had enough saved, I found the MA6850 for sale 50miles from were I lived and at a very decent price. I bought it along with the MVP861 and B&W CM8. I later added the D100 and MR74. I absolutely love the MA6850 and will never get rid of it. To my surprise, the MR74 is my second favorite piece of gear. I plan on sending to Terry this summer.

Sorry for being long winded, but I feel like I'm talking about one of my kids and not too many people "get it". I will post more pics as update. Next up, MT5!

Thank you of the positive feedback! I had fallen in love with McIntosh for sometime and began to save. It Just so happened that right around the time I had enough saved, I found the MA6850 for sale 50miles from were I lived and at a very decent price. I bought it along with the MVP861 and B&W CM8. I later added the D100 and MR74. I absolutely love the MA6850 and will never get rid of it. To my surprise, the MR74 is my second favorite piece of gear. I plan on sending to Terry this summer.

Sorry for being long winded, but I feel like I'm talking about one of my kids and not too many people "get it". I will post more pics as update. Next up, MT5!
You love your MR74 even more when you get it back from Terry. He is magic with tuners.

uX43Hckl.jpg

My first post, first setup, and first McIntosh gear!

Setup description is in my signature. I was lucky to inherit all of these components just from asking family members if they had any old audio equipment and in a short time this system was put together!

Last edited:
Just was pulled from dumpster !!

The score is A MC 250 Solid state Power Amp, C 24 Pre Amp, MR 71 Tuner.
Cannot find a manual on line for the C24 Pre Amp. Channels cackle. Looking to send them out to be refurbished? Any thoughts I am in Central Florida.
Tom

The factory will sell you the manuals at a reasonable price, as will Audio Classics. Only one place to send the preamp and that is Terry DeWick. Well worth any wait. You can order shipping boxes from the factory or Audio Classics. Both Terry and AC have banner ad links below.

Walden - welcome.
That MX115 is the best of the MX series (along with the MX114). If you are into FM then you might consider having Terry DeWick recap everything (including your MC2120) and align the tuner. The best sounding McIntosh tuner I've owned was the MX114 after Terry worked his magic on it. Would still own if it only had a remote (it is too old and so am I ;)).

Last edited:
Mcintosh / Listining

MC-240, 2 (two) 110-Z's / MC 2100 / MA-5100, MC-XR-1052,s (pair) speakers. All pristine...........

Just starting my McIntosh rig for the living room. I had some pretty nice sounding gear in there (CJ PV12, CJ MV75a1, Acurus ACD-11, Rogue Stealth Magnum phono pre, Monarchy 18b DAC and a MMF 5.1 TT) but the wife says the system looks like I went to garage sales and put it in the living room. Sooooooooooo she settled for the look of McIntosh.

Here is where I am today:
C220 preamp
MC7270 amp
MVP 861 CD/DVD/SACD

More to come and she said I could keep the TT for now. But would rather see a MT5 or MT10. Tonight I show her some VPI products to see if I can get approval.

Its slowly starting to come together.

Chuck

Last edited:
My system is old and simple:
C15 Pre
7200 Amp
Sony SACD-XA777ES cd/sacd player
ADS L1590/2 Speakers
Velodyne F1500R Sub

I've owned other Mac gear, but nothing satisfies me as much as this setup/

Former Mac gear owned:
C30, C32, C33, C37 (great pre also) C712, C48 Pre's (also nice)
MC2205, MC2255, MC7100, MC7200 Amps
MR500, MR78, MR80 Tuners
MCD7000, MVP-861 Players, none of which was reliable!

I can't imagine using anything other than Mac gear, nice sound and beautiful to look at!

Last edited:
My system is also old and basic.
My main system is in an acoustically treated room, no TV/video, just a room for music listening, I am primarily into classical with some jazz thrown in.
C15 preamp
Two 2205’s
JBL active crossover
DIY JBL 4350 bi-amped studio monitors
Rotel CDP and Oppo SACD players.

Also have my original C29 and MR500 on a second smaller system
Started with Mac MA5100, moved to separates C26/2105, upgraded to C28 and finally settled for a C29

Vahe

MC60'S driven by a Technics SP10, through a Wright 200 phono stage, driving Ar3a's. The Eastern Electric Cd player is just for decoration....

Attachments

• 20140507_190927.jpg
    20140507_190927.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 122
my McIntosh rig

I have a c28 pre amp, mr77 tuner and two mc2105 power amps. Speakers are Klipsch kf28 bi-amped to the two 2105's. p.s. this is my first post, so hello everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
McIntosh 'System'

The factory gave me a discount thorugh the dealer for going with all Mc components.
XR100 speakers
MC302 power amp
C48 pre-amp
MT5-6 turntable

Nice that McIntosh includes a pair of white gloves to assemble the turntable.

Vinyl found in bargain bins almost all played well. Some of the records could use a washing. New 180 gram records are best sound. The most impressive feature with the system is the 'wall of sound' capable at any volume. My experiences with other bygone systems is every stereo had a sweet spot with the resulting volume level upsetting someone.

Back
Top Bottom