MS750 Remote Control Question

jdandy

I have read the MS750 remote control instructions several times, performed the actions by the book, and still can not get the MS750 remote to control the volume on my C2300 preamp. All the button functions work properly when controlling the MS750.

The instructions tell me to first push the button labeled (RCV) and then the volume and mute buttons are suppose to be active, but they are not. After pressing the (RCV) button I can control my MCD500 PLAY, FF, RW, PAUSE, and STOP functions, and the number buttons give me direct track access on the MCD500, but no Volume control of the C2300. Of course, when I press the (MS1) button on the remote the music server control functions return to the remote.

Have I overlooked something? Is there a different Code Set I have to enter to control the C2300? The manual is vague, and makes no mention of any Code Set functions. I'm stuck.

You need to program the remote with code 0619. The instructions for this start on page 30 of the MS300 Advanced Users Guide. I think I sent you this in a pdf, do you still have it?

You need to program the remote with code 0619. The instructions for this start on page 30 of the MS300 Advanced Users Guide. I think I sent you this in a pdf, do you still have it?

Victor.......I do not recall receiving any .pdf file. I am sending you a PM.

Controlling Other Components
Code Select Mode
Follow these steps to control a device on the TV, CBL, RCV, and DVD keys:
(For this example, we’ll program the TV key)
1. Turn on the TV using the TV’s front panel.
2. Press the TV key on the MS750 remote.
3. Press and hold the CODE SET key until the LED blinks twice, then release.
4. Locate the Manufacturer’s Code for your brand of TV (see the end of this chapter)
5. Enter the first four-digit code for your TV using the numeric keys on the MS300
remote.
6. The LED on the remote should blink twice. If the LED did not blink twice, then
repeat steps 2 through 5.
7. Aim the Remote at the TV and press PWR key once. It should turn off. If it does
not respond, repeat steps 2-5, trying each code for your brand until you find one
that works.
Repeat steps 1 through 7 for each component you want the Remote to control on the TV,
CBL, RCV, and DVD keys.
Code Scan Mode
If your device does not respond to the Remote after trying all codes listed for your brand,
or if your brand is not listed at all, try scanning for your code.
Follow these steps to scan for a code for your TV:
1. On the Remote, press TV once.
2. Press and hold CODE SET until the LED blinks twice, then release CODE SET.
3. Enter 9 - 9 - 1. The LED will blink twice.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV and slowly alternate between pressing PWR and
TV. Stop when the TV turns off. NOTE: In the scan mode, the remote will send
IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the most popular
code first.
5. When you find a working code, press CODE SET once to lock in the code.
To search for the codes of your other components, repeat steps 1 through 5, but substitute
the appropriate key (TV, CBL, RCV, DVD) for the component that you are searching for.

Thanks Victor.
Thanks Ivan.

Still stuck. Remote will not double blink after I enter the 0619 code. I have followed the steps exactly. It might be operator error, then again, maybe not.

What I am finding unusal is that after pressing the (RCV) button, the remote will operate the MCD500 through the C2300 remote sensor. I tried pointing the remote at the MCD500 remote sensor with no results, but pointing it at the C2300 remote sensor, the remote will control the MCD500, but still no Volume control.

Dan,
not to insult you, but do you have the data cables hooked up correctly?
also, those microprocessors get flakey when you disconnect & or connect the data cables with power on

Dan,
not to insult you, but do you have the data cables hooked up correctly?
also, those microprocessors get flakey when you disconnect & or connect the data cables with power on

I just double checked the the data cables, and all is correct. My problem is that the remote does not want to accept any code sets. I performed a code check, and the receiver code is set to 3061, and the TV code is set to 0047. The remote will not accept any new codes using the Code Select Mode instructions. I have tried entring new codes into the DVD button, the TV button, and the Cable button with no luck. It's almost like the remote is locked out of code entry mode.

In the (RCV) mode the remote still controls the MCD500, but no volume control. It is weird.

Just so we are on the same page, try this:

On your MS750 remote:
Press "RCV" you should get one red blink.
Press "Code Set" you should get one red blink.
Press "0619" you should get one red blink for each number pressed.
Press AND HOLD "Code Set" for about 5 seconds, you should get one red blink right away followed by two red blinks after about 3 seconds.

This should program the RCV button to control your preamp.

Victor.......I performed the steps you described exactly as you said, but no luck. After entering 0619, I pressed and held Code Set button, got one long blink but no additional 2 blinks no matter how low I held the Code Set button. I went through the exercise three times. Your instructions are different from the Advanced Guide instructions. Those instructions are word for word from Ivan's post.

I spoke with Chuck Hinton this morning, and he refered me to the MS300 tech support number. I contacted them, and we went through every possible code set procedure the tech could think of with no luck. The tech guy even had two remotes there, one a HR063 remote for the MS750, and a second remote, branded with the logo of the company that makes the McIntosh remotes, but exactly the same remote as the MS750. He tried programming both of those remotes with no luck. Neither one of his remotes would accept the code 0619 for the McIntosh preamp. The tech said that when the remote fails to accept codes or a command, the LED will do a long blink. He is going to contact the factory engineers from the remote control manufacturer for an answer, and hopefully get back to me with a solution. As it stands right now, my remote works perfectly with the MS750, but will not work the volume on my C2300, nor will it accept a code for the TV button for my Sharp monitor.

Is anyone using the MS750 remote (#HR063) to control their preamp volume and power successfully? Mine is either defective (along with the two remotes the tech had), or there is a design flaw in the McIntosh univeral remote. Am I the only one having this problem?

My (early) MS750 came with a HR53 remote, this may not work with a HR63. I was able to program my remote but I don't have a McIntosh preamp here to verify operation.

I'm using my C220's remote (HR060) to control both...
Have you tried using your C2300's remote instead of the Music Server's?

My server remote works fine & controls the processor volume. However I have so many Mac remotes, I'm not sure what model number it is.

I'm using my C220's remote (HR060) to control both...
Have you tried using your C2300's remote instead of the Music Server's?

sully.......The remote model number for my C2300 is (HR061). When I press the server button it will allow me to control most of the server functions, but not all. Specifically, I can not use the number keys to enter letters for a search function like the server remote is able to do. This function allows me to direct access an artist's CD by entering the first few letters of their name, and the menus jumps to it. With the C2300 remote I can up/down scroll through the menu, and left/right scroll through the genre tabs, but no direct CD access. This is certainly better than no control, and better than having to fiddle with two remotes to achieve my directive. Ultimately, the MS750 remote (HR063) would be my choice for full function server control, and volume control of the C2300. Unfortunately, I have discovered the glitch. My work around will be to use the C2300 remote for the time being, and hope that McIntosh tech support will be able to create a solution with the remote control manufacturer's engineers. I hate to be a squeeky wheel, but I will be if I have to. The remote should function as described in the manual.

Dan, I have a suggestion. Take your MS750 remote to your studio system, and see if it controls the volume on the C2200. If so, you may need to set the MS750 remote to the code set used by the C2300 and C1000. The C2200 and MX series processors use the same code set, while the C2300 and C1000 use an alternate one. Maybe Chuck Hinton can tell you if there is a code for the alternate one that can be entered into the MS750 remote.

Back
Top Bottom