Rx-v2400 or rx-v2095 for preamp?

gentlejax

I have the 2095 already. Picked up a 2400 cheap. Planning on using the 2400 as preamp for my sony ES 5 channel amp till I can get proper es tuner

I have the RX-V2400 that has been a gem for almost 10 years now. I looked at the 2095 specs, hard to say which one is the better as the 2095 specs were not as detailed as the 2400 spec sheet, so try them both as my 2400 played my 5 Klipsch speakers Great for years. It would still be in the HT room but I needed HDMI ports and wanted HD Bluray decoders so I can "Bitstream" from my BRP(PS3 Slim 120) . Odd that the 2095 "Flagship" back then had less WPC then the 2400 and the 2400 is THX rated :scratch2:

I am not sure which was the better unit. I will get the 2400 today or tomorrow.

I notice the 2400 made in malaysia, the 2095 made in Japan.

Im going to do a side by side..pop the top off and peek inside the two.

Bummer..... hope you get a refund, but you will still be out the $$ for freight. I guess it's 2095 time. My friend has the RX-V2065 he purchased new and it's been a gem for 5.2 HT use. No switching issues and he does NOT stack on top of any of his AVR or amps and has good ventilation for them. I have a small fan in back of my A/V cabinet(no front doors) blowing over the top of my RX-V1900. It's been a good one too. Yamaha AVR in the over $1,200.00(retail) range have always been reliable. I had a Nightmare of a time with fried HDMI boards etc on a Onkyo TX-SR 805. It had some killer amps 140X7 but man it ran HOT after two Bluray movies at 85 Db or more. Post up how the 2095 does and what amp are you looking at?

the 2095 I felt was more solid . I could tell soon as I removed the 2400 but i was hoping it would at least work and see if the extra watts made an difference.

I am still going to pull off the tops and compare. but the built quality in the 2400 doesnt match the 2095. I just love how the volume knob on my 2095 rotates even when using the remote...lol....

but yeah if I have to ship back its going to cost a lot . I am in Lousiana and he is in Virginia....shame. might see if a buddy wants it as he repairs car amps..figure he might like to fix the 2400...

if I can get some help I may just fix it..I have done some electronic repair before..good thing about these versus car audio is its not so jammed in there

I have my 2095 hooked up to my Sony ES TA-N9000ES 5 channel. Its bridged giving my mains 2x200....sounds better than my Yamaha did but it was set up different.

I really havnt played it much yet. I like the Sony ES but only cause its ES

Back
Top Bottom