Led lamps for ca1010 confusion

Sidman

My apologies ahead of time. I am a little confused by all the post I have seen. Is there a bulb that direct replacement for the original lamps, meaning no resistors to be added? I don't mind making my own leads but I am not sure which bulbs to buy.
Thanks again

My apologies ahead of time. I am a little confused by all the post I have seen. Is there a bulb that direct replacement for the original lamps, meaning no resistors to be added? I don't mind making my own leads but I am not sure which bulbs to buy.
Thanks again

Yes. Contact Dave a dgwojo.com..He will hook you up with a relamp kit for your 1010. He is also and AK'r (dgwojo)
The OEM lamps are 12volt/60ma , 4mm X 5mm , 5 each for a complete relamp. He will sell them with or without soldered on pigtails.
The only time you would need resistors was if you were using LED's rather than incandescent lamps(bulbs).

Sorry I initially confused your terminology--Bulbs are incandescent--LED's are diodes

Most LEDs operate around 2-3volts at 20ma. To my knowledge,there is no drop in replacement 12v LED's that would physically fit in the available space. So a voltage dropping,current limiting resistor is required.If I modify a unit for LED's ,I use a 1kohm /1/4 watt resistor in series with each LED.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom