Kenwood KR-6600 question

Lbgrrl

Beatles Fan
Hi everyone! I just picked up my "new" Kenwood KR-6600 and am very excited about it! I had a KR-6160 for decades and always regretted getting rid of it. But this one is even nicer :) It's in great shape, and appears that everything works, but I wont know for sure until I hook it up this weekend. Which leads me to my question:

I have only one AUX input. Can I use the two TAPE inputs (input only of course) for my iPhone, Apple TV etc? I will be using one of the phono inputs for my Dual turntable, can the other input be used or does the phono amp prevent that?

As you can see, I have more gadgets than inputs here. This is actually the same problem I had with the KR-6160 and what led me to "upgrade" to a new receiver at the time (a Technics SA-X140 that overloads all the time).

How have some of you folks handled this issue? I would optimally like to connect the turntable, CD player, satellite tv box, iphone, and Apple TV. I have an old radio shack switch box thing that I could use, but will that degrade the sound? Is there something better?

THanks for any help! Pictures to follow :)

Tape inputs for iPhone or any other line-level input is fine. The phono inputs can be used for a turntable only (there are devices to allow a line-level input to a phono stage, but they do a really bad number on the SQ).

If need be, you can get a small external switching box.

Back
Top Bottom