Need a set of factory shipping boxes for my MCD7007.

andyo5

Anybody have a set to sell, or know where I can find a nice set without having to pay an unreasonable price for them?
Thanks!

Having a set for my MR7083 I could copy the basic design, I guess. Just a question of sizing correctly, stacking, folding, and gluing cardboard.

The two places I know of are Audio Classics and Mcintosh, but they are not cheap. I paid $75 for a C34V carton from AC ($25 was shipping). A Mcintosh carton might be more "valuable" since it it is not plain brown but at least has some Mcintosh printing around the side.

I'd go with AC, I've used 2 boxes from them, their modern day boxes as I understand it are from the Mc factory. Better to spend $50 on a proper box than deal with something being damaged in shipping IMO.

I remember there is an old thread here how to build a proper box for shipping MC equipment as good as one you can buy. It was written by one of resident experts who ships a lot. Search for it and you'll get the necessary info.
This would save you $$, not only to buy, but to ship an empty box which is not exactly inexpensive as well.

If you are not up to making an good package, I would also suggest a new one form AC or MC since good packaging is imperative.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom