McIntosh C37 On the Way - Remote??

cad55ken

:music:I have a McIntosh C37 on the way to go with my 'new' McIntosh 2255.
It does not come with the remote included.

What remotes can I use Or where can I get a HR 37 remote?

Will other McIntosh remotes work?

Thanks for any guidance - Yes, I am open to generic if that is what I need to do.

Thanks

cad55ken

Last edited:
C37 remote

The HR31, HR35, and of course the HR37 remotes all work with your C37. The last time I checked, Mac was all out of any of them, but Audio Classics carries the HR31 for $99, a bit high in my opinion. Occasionally one of these does show up on Ebay. Nice preamp, the C37.

C37 Remote

They other may work, but be aware that the C37 remote had two infra red diodes, and the others had one. How do I know? I bought a C37 remote for my C35 many years ago. You don't have to aim it at the preamp. The C37 seems like a shotgun. I opened it to see if there was a difference. Same PCB, same components, but two diodes. So, you may have to aim the others more carefully.

They other may work, but be aware that the C37 remote had two infra red diodes, and the others had one. How do I know? I bought a C37 remote for my C35 many years ago. You don't have to aim it at the preamp. The C37 seems like a shotgun. I opened it to see if there was a difference. Same PCB, same components, but two diodes. So, you may have to aim the others more carefully.

That's great to know.

I have use a CR 7 in each of my systems: One of the units has extremely good reception from the remote; the other is horrendous - the remote must be pointed directly at the unit.

It doesn't matter which remote is used however - the same results will be obtained with a given CR 7 regardless of which remote is used.

We would always program a 2nd party remote......must have been a common practice by other dealers and why so many units lose the remotes when flipped.

Back
Top Bottom