d100 and coaxial audio buffering issue

avas

Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering if anyone with a d100 has had the following issue or has any ideas:

When watching movies On Demand via Fios the audio flickers. The cable box is attached to said d100 via 75ohm coaxial. WHen watching netflix through my ps3 vie fiber optic I do not experience this so I swapped out the coaxial for the fiber optic and voila, no more flickering. The problem is my ps3 and my xbox both go to my d100 via optical and there are only two optical ins?

additional info: I do have the cable box set to stereo as I am only running two speakers.

any suggestions would or ideas would be greatly appreciate

Last edited:
There might be noise/interference/ possibly some kind of earthing issue.....?
Just because its digital, doesn't exclude it from erroneous noise affecting performance....

Just a thought.....

I had a similar issue years ago (not with a D100) with a bad cable, replaced the cable and everything was fine.

It would have to be a bad cable since optical works. The symptoms are those of a bad cable.

Thanks,
Ron-c

Pardon the delay,

I was expecting an email if someone responded. The d100 is below the cable box with proper ventilation. I've dried two different coaxials and two different toslinks to no avail. I wasn't aware I could use the usb having read the manual for the cable box but I'll give it a try.

Thank you

I know the USB is the best connection for the unit. Something to do with dating/accuracy.

There was no audio with the usb.

You can't use the USB input with a cable box, the USB port on cable boxes is generally for external DVR storage, or more commonly, nothing at all.

I'd try a different source so you can isolate the problem to the cable box itself.
I use a different provider, but I can't use digital outputs with my cable box at all as it doesn't let me turn off dolby digital, which the D100 can't decode. I use a cheap (like $15 cheap) analog to digital converter to convert the analog outs to digital to run into my D100 and it works great.

You can't use the USB input with a cable box, the USB port on cable boxes is generally for external DVR storage, or more commonly, nothing at all.

I'd try a different source so you can isolate the problem to the cable box itself.
I use a different provider, but I can't use digital outputs with my cable box at all as it doesn't let me turn off dolby digital, which the D100 can't decode. I use a cheap (like $15 cheap) analog to digital converter to convert the analog outs to digital to run into my D100 and it works great.

It turns out the toslink skips as well. To reiterate, I've tried 2 different coaxials, both of which of work fine with Sonos so I don't think it's the cables. The toslinks I have tried work properly with my ps3 so it can't be that either.

It turns out the toslink skips as well. To reiterate, I've tried 2 different coaxials, both of which of work fine with Sonos so I don't think it's the cables. The toslinks I have tried work properly with my ps3 so it can't be that either.

Does the problem occur with sources other then your cable box?

Does the problem occur with sources other then your cable box?

No.

This morning I went from the cable box to the ma6500 via rca and switched said amp from ext to in and it's no longer skipping.

My priority is music so I don't have to hear the tv in digital...but I may feel differently in a week.

Back
Top Bottom