Mac 1700 faceplate removal.

The bottom part of the faceplate comes loose pretty easily, it is the upper parts that is giving me grief and I do not want to force it, is it just stuck or am I missing something?

Two nuts with lock washers are in the upper corners, once the panel is off watch out for the 2 spacers, some are stuck in place and others are loose and like to fall off. If you have an early model with one of the studs broken off I have found that JB Weld works well at remounting them.

Dial Lights on Mac 1700

The Aux light and Tuning meter back light are out on my Mac 1700. What type of bulbs do I need to replace, please? Any tips on replacing them?

Thanks,
Tapehead

Remember the add on erasers you put on your #2 pencil back in the day. They work great as " grippers" to push and twist the bulbs out of their bayonet fixture.

Terry;

I can see up inside behind the front panel, but do not see the two nuts and lock-washers you mentioned. Even with a flashlight and moving the panel as much as I dare, I just do not see those items. This is after I have already loosened the 1/4" hex head machine screws on the left and right sides of the chassis that hold the black painted cover just behind the front panel. What sort of tool did you use to loosen the nuts and lock-washers you mentioned?

Joe

Back
Top Bottom