Yamaha BX-1 Class A Amps?

HCA class A is as legitimate class A as others, Krell uses similar design and proudly proclaims their amps to be class A, for Yamaha, they did put HCA design in their cost is no bars centennial MX-10000 so it represents their pinnacle design for sure.

Yamaha1: If the HCA design is class A or not, can be discussed from here to the moon. In pure theory, it is not - In real life, maybe. Is it the ears or the book who decides and who's ears, what is real? And if Krell proclaims class A, well doesn’t really change the discussion.

And yes Yamaha did develop HCA for the “cost no object” MX-10000, I am not saying any thing badly about the design, it is tremendous. But did they also use it in the even more costly and also “cost no object” GF-1, this I think is interesting.

ExJxC, you lucky man :thmbsp:

At the cost of being redundant, as long as its mathematically class A by graphical plot, its fine by me, as for GF-1, for its sub, it used active servo digital engine EE amp which is the same used on my later model YST-SW800, could be either way, pure class A amp or HCA, going by Yamaha's conviction to HCA, I would incline to think the later.

Yamaha BX-1's

A good friend want's to make me a deal on his BX-1's. We have not yet gotten very specific on price, but he promises to make me a gift! In any event, he purchased them new in the 80's and he indicated that there were only 96 or 48 pairs made/sold. That seems low. Anyone have a handle on the production numbers?

A good friend want's to make me a deal on his BX-1's. We have not yet gotten very specific on price, but he promises to make me a gift! In any event, he purchased them new in the 80's and he indicated that there were only 96 or 48 pairs made/sold. That seems low. Anyone have a handle on the production numbers?

I'd question those numbers. I have seen quite a few up for sale in Japan. I guess it could be US production but I'd still like to see where he is getting it from.

That info would be new to me and I dough it, the price on an item that rear would be much higher than what you see on e-pay. It would make it more rear than the 100 year anniversary XX-10000 series, they where only made in 250 sets.

But it might be that there were only imported 48 pairs to the state/country you live in.

BTW. If any have the numbers please post them.

Welcome to AK.:thmbsp:

Do think his numbers are low. But, if you getting a gift, give them a try. You may find that they are just the thing for your listening.

Do think his numbers are low. But, if you getting a gift, give them a try. You may find that they are just the thing for your listening.

Don't buy them for being rare. They are very enjoyable amps. They run hot but if you can deal with that then I think you will be very happy. I think Y B-2 will second that even though he sold his pair.

One of mine has been repaired, the other has major driver board problems and the tech continues to toil with it. LOTS of bad solder joints.

Echowars says he is willing to look at it....no promises.

I have yet to hear what they sound like after 2 years of ownership.

In the mean time, I am using a Yamaha M85 that produces 30 class A watts. 30 seems to be more than enough power. I can't imagine the sonic improvement another 70 watts would make. :music:

Back
Top Bottom