Kenwood KR-3600 right channel garbled and lower volume help?

stovens

Hi I purchased a Kenwood Kr-3600 that looked clean and well kepted at a thrift store. Powered it up and it sounded fine until I played with balance knob and found a more garbled and staticky right channel. As I increased the volume knob the right channel and left(with balance centered, would crackle as I turned the volume up. So I decided to clean the pots with Deoxit and then hit them with deoxit gold. I then put it back together and still noticed the problems with the right channel. No more static with volume adjustments just the right channel.I then turned the balance all the way to right and after a while had problem getting sound form both sides. I took it apart a second time and really cleaned each pot and made sure no residue was on the circuit board, I redusted the boards with canned air as well. Once back together, I tried changing my sound input from fm radio to aux(in my case a cd player). Still the right channel sounding garbled. Any ideas of other things to try? Thanks, Steve

Everything else seems fine just garbled right channel, i even switched the speakers to make sure they weren't the cause, and checked the speaker wires for proper polarity, and changed them from A speakers, to B speakers, still same problem.

Back
Top Bottom