Lost bass in one channel on CR-1000

sssboa

Hi Guys,

I lost low frequencies and some volume in right channel, both on speakers and headphones. Any suggestions? A few days earlier I had cleaned volume pot that didn't really required cleaning, now it has some sprockety clicking feel to it but not sure if the cleaning caused the problem, I used deoxit spray. It's Yamaha CR-1000.

Regards
Andy

If there was a time lag between when you cleaned the pot and when the symptoms started, I think there is little to suggest a connection.

You might try operating some of the other controls that have frequency-dependent action (tone, loudness, filters), to see if change the symptom and/or if they behave as expected. If there's any flakiness, cleaning has a good chance of being a remedy.

Word on AK is that the pre/main coupler switch on the back is often a source of flakiness. You might try flipping that back and forth a few times (with the receiver OFF!) to see if the symptoms clear. Again, if things change after exercising the switch, you'll want to clean it.

It could certainly be a failed component, with electrolytic capacitors being likely suspects in any unit of this age. Checking for this is probably best left to a reasonably experienced tech.

Hope this helps a little,

chazix

Thx, tried the coupler, didn't help.
Also there is hissing sound from that channel even with volume down to zero both from speaker and headphone, there's no hissing from the healthy channel.

Back
Top Bottom