YAMAHA CR-1140 info please

Palko

Hello everyone...

Could someone please fill me in on the YAMAHA CR-1040.... the good. the bad, the ugly. Year of release.... maybe a rough current value.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
About the only bad thing some would say, is that it uses modules for outputs instead of discrete transistors. The only x40 that used output transistors is it's bigger brother, the 2040.

That being said, I have a CR840 and it is an awesome receiver. Sounds great, plenty of power, and arguably the nicest looking series of receivers that Yamaha ever made and the 1040/2040 are the best of those. I would say a rough value on a 1040 would be $100-$200. 2040 is substantially higher.

I did have an issue with blown modules, however I was able to find a set, even though they are said to be quite rare. The predriver modules are even harder to find I'm told.

If the price is right, I would certainly go for it, but I am a fan of the Natural Sound. If you get it, check the modules to make sure they are securely attached to their heat sinks (this is why mine failed). It might be a good idea just to get some heat sink goop and remount them again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom