HTR-5730.... any thoughts?

zagnutty

Looking to get a Yamaha amp/receiver. I have the option to pick up a HTR-5730 receiver for $45. Wouldnt use it for tv or movies, strictly music. Looking for opinions on it, if anybody here has any.

Thanks

I was never really impressed with HTR recievers use for HIFI audio. But thats just me..:D

You have to go fairly high up the pecking order to the XX80 or XX90 series such as HTR-6190 to get better stereo sound quality, in my experience. Being Yamaha the cheaper ones are not nasty, but check the specs and try to at least get one with discreet amps. I have set up a few for friends and family and have been pleasantly surprised by the SQ for the money.

I was never really impressed with HTR recievers use for HIFI audio. But thats just me..:D

You have to go fairly high up the pecking order to the XX80 or XX90 series such as HTR-6190 to get better stereo sound quality, in my experience. Being Yamaha the cheaper ones are not nasty, but check the specs and try to at least get one with discreet amps. I have set up a few for friends and family and have been pleasantly surprised by the SQ for the money.

Thanks guys. I might just hold out for an older A-1000 or a-1020 then.

Back
Top Bottom