A-s2000 trade to A-S2100 anyone tried?

Yamahaha

I love my A-s2000. Thinking of trading up to the A-S2100

I have no local dealers. Anyone compare these in real life?

Isn't the 2100 supposed to be closer in sound and build to the a-s3000 than the 2000? Only guessing but I bet they'd sound pretty close; the 2000 and 2100 that is.

thats what I am wondering. Just how different are they being that spec is pretty much identical on paper. 2100 is twice the price effective retail out the door that is.

I'm not 100% sure but I think crutchfield may let you have a trial period with one. I guess it's worth asking, and they may take the 2000 in trade. It would be nice if there were more retail outlets where one could see and audition some of these...I don't think the the local best buy is gonna have a display.:no:

HiFi Heaven is generous with trade ins when you trade up with them. That part is easy.

Best buy ... yeesh. Unfortunately many Hifi dealers including mine snub the line. Frankly I think because Yamaha shows up so many higher priced options. That has been the case with my 2000.

Having owned both, in comparison with the A-S3000 the A-S2100 is the winner. Is it the MOS FET's, I don't know. The phono stage is better, too.

Having owned both, in comparison with the A-S3000 the A-S2100 is the winner. Is it the MOS FET's, I don't know. The phono stage is better, too.

wait a second ... are you saying the 2100 beats the 3000? or did you mean 2000?

I think he owned the 2000 at one time and is saying the 2100 is better; in that it is closer sonically to the 3000...I think.:scratch2:

Agressive sound:scratch2:

yeah I know. These kinds of words mean nothing. If Yamaha was carried anywhere close to me this would make life easier. You never know until its at home and in use.

The step from the A-S700 I had in my workshop to the A-S2000 I have in my living room was huge. Massive improvement and expected with 2.5x real life out the door cost. The 2100 is double the price of the 2000 in real out the door price tags.

If I had the money I'd get a 3000; if I could only afford the 2100 then I'd get that, etc, etc. I'd love to hear either one and get goose bumps!:music:

The schematics of the A-S2100 (115 pages!) is already available at HiFi Engine:

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/a-s2100.shtml

2qlcqww.png

According to a Yamaha sales representative "the A-S2100 is more a A-S3000".
I have both in the house. The major difference is in the power supply. For the large filter caps the 3k has screw connections while the 2.1k has solder joints. The 3k chassis is copper plated, the phono section resides at the top and is better shielded. I don't believe there is much difference in the circuitry. Due to the lower impedance the 3k has better bass response.

Back
Top Bottom