What are your 3 all time favorite movies?

Karu Kutt

Always straining, always.
Three Favorite Movies, what are they and if you want, why?

I'm currently taking some time from work and want to watch some movies, hopefully good movies. I always find it helps to expand my horizons when I watch other peoples favorite movies (I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy).

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Here are my three favorite movies.

1. Blade Runner- what can I say, just awesome in every detail.
2. Conan the Barbarian - it was casted perfectly, having James Earl Jones, Mako, Max von Sydow, William Smith and of course Arnold. Dialog was limited, which helped Arnold and it was at a time in my life where all I was having was fun, no responsibilities.
3. The Matrix - Unique story line. Fun.

Patton, Dr Strangelove, Monty Python & The Holy Grail. Honorable Mentions- The Right Stuff, Gone in 60 Seconds (1974 Toby Halicki version), Night of The Living Dead (1968 Version)

Patton, Dr Strangelove, Monty Python & The Holy Grail. Honorable Mentions- The Right Stuff, Gone in 60 Seconds (1974 Toby Halicki version), Night of The Living Dead (1968 Version)

The Holy Grail, classic and anything undead are always fun.

This is Mrs. Indian Head's list. I won't speak for Mr. Indian Head. :nono:

But my 3 all time favorites in no particular order are:

King Kong (1933)
Thelma & Louise
The General (Buster Keaton)

Since it's hard for me to limit myself to just 3, my honorable mentions are:

River of No Return
American Graffiti

Okay, I DO know that American Graffiti is Mr. Indian Head's favorite, but that's as far as I'll go. :D

1. Screamers (from a Philip K. Dick novel, as was Blade Runner)
2. The Fifth Element
3. The Ninth Gate

Kelley

I also have to vote for Dr. Strangelove
Stop Making Sense (Talking Heads concert film that I never get tired of watching)
Amelie (sure it's a French chick flick, but it's really quite good; full of all kinds of cool surreal moments, and Audrey Tautou.....)

Ask me again tomorrow, and my list might change.

The movie I call "entirely side swiped by Life is like a box of choclate".
Terminal velocity.

I also like a movie called Ronin. Katarina Witt in her first and maybe only hollywood role ?
My next fave is Showdown in little tokyo. Oddly its a B movie but its got Brandon lee in one of his very very few movies. I like rapid fire as well, but it has pretenses of being more non B movie which IMHO back fires.

Cool
Srinath.

Pick just three???
Dr. Stangelove
The Train
Night of the Living Dead

Honorable mentions to:
Lawrence of Arabia
Patton
The Right Stuff
Some Like It Hot

Man, I like a lot of movies...

For a general three, i'd go with;

Dr.Strangelove
Once upon a time in the west
Teenagers from outer space

...and yes, that last one is serious, I love that movie, it's bad, cheap, but not boring, and a lot of fun. One of the few "bad movies" I don't really mind watching more than a couple times.

A couple others I like;

The Good, the bad, and the ugly
A Scanner Darkley (the interpolar rotoscoped one with Keanu Reeves)
Life of Brian
Clerks (pretty good overall)
Nosferatu
2001 a space oddesy

...and that's enough for now;). Funny how dr.strangelove keeps coming up:scratch2:

problem solving thru violence

Heat: Deniro vs Pacino. It's a draw.

Pulp Fiction My favorite movie above all. "It's not a motorcycle baby, it's a chopper."

Once Upon a Time in America: An American epic

1) Sky High-Not the Disney movie, the Japanese one
2) Returner
3) tie between So Close and Warriors of Heaven and Earth.
All imports, all off the beaten path.

Jack

American Grafitti - funny, engaging and thought-provoking
Jaws - classic terror and gallows humor
Tampopo - Hilarious Japanese film

This is a bit hard to do!

Alien --- The GREATEST SCI-FI HORROR picture ever in my opinion. There was not a monster as meaner & vicious when it first aired. I don't think an equal will ever be created again.

Apocalypto --- Stunning & well done!

To Kill A Mockingbird --- (YES) One of the great dramas of all-time, indeed!

Rome

It changes. Today I'm feeling.......The Seachers, The Godfather and Sunset Blvd.

Tomorrow it might be The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Angels with Dirty Faces and The Adventures of Robin Hood.

Or Things to Come, Ben Hur (1959) and From Here to Eternity.

Or Zulu, Ace in the Hole and The Wizard of Oz.

Or Winchester 73, Seven Samuari and Young Mr. Lincoln.

Or The Train, Seven Days in May and The Manchurian Candidate (an all Frankenheimer day).

Or.............wait, we GOTTA get Rio Bravo in there somewhere.

chinchin.jpg

Last edited:
You know I also really liked this movie with Debbie in it, Debbie goes to dallas, or Debbie in dallas, or debbie from dallas ? not sure, something involving debbie and dallas.

Cool.
Srinath.

Back
Top Bottom