Question about VPI 16.5 cleaning brush

Does anyone know of a better cleaning brush than the one made for the VPI 16.5?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, most definitely know of one. The Listener Select Brushes from Osage Audio, the maker of Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions Record Cleaning Products. http://www.osageaudio.com/select.htm

I have 4 of them, and dedicate and have labeled each one by a local laser engraver shop here ($1 ea for the engraving)

The brushes might seem a little pricey, but they are high quality, very soft, much kinder to records than the VPI Brush has been reported to be, yet not soft to the point where they are ineffective. Very fine strand, wooden handles, don't shed, easy to handle, straight cut strands, not oddly angled.

The other choice which is also not bad, is the Mobile Fidelity Cleaning Pads.
They use a similar velvet material, that is just like what's on the VPI Vacuum Wand.

My VPI Cleaning Brush has never been out of its Bag.

Brushes for 16.5

I have the same record cleaner and I use the paint pads from Home Depot. They work very good to distribute the cleaner and DI water over the album.
They are about exactly the same size as the grooved area of an album.
They are cheap and you can just buy replacement pads if they wear out.
Cheap to try, and they blew away the OEM brush included.
I have the MF cleaning pads also and they work good, but the paint pads with their bristles seem to get into the grooves really well.
I also use the AI cleaning solutions and they are top notch, but $$$$ also.
The 16.5 has been the best investment I have made to my album enjoyment.:yes:
Good luck with your search.:thmbsp:
J.T.

Have had my 16.5 for 2+ years now. By far the best audio investment I have ever made. I use the MoFi brush and their pads.

The VPI brush is great for cleaning the crud off of the fabric of the wand. A light touch is all that is needed and the gunk comes right off. It also does a good job of removing stuff from the MoFi pad also, and lifting the pile of the pad. I keep it clean with distilled water and once in a while some RCM fluid.

Back
Top Bottom