Got a new Fujifilm X-Pro1

That's an APSC, not a Micro 4/3, right?

I'd love to get something in that ballpark but just haven't allocated the dosh for it yet. Still slummin' it with two DSLRs and a Sony NEX C3. I know it may seem petty or shallow, but I love the images the C3 gives me, but I'd really like something that feels and interacts more like an old range finder... direct controls rather than layers upon layers of menu choices.

The X-Pro1 is a great camera. Congrats. The 18//2 and 27/2.8 are also very underrated as well.

Make sure when you get it, update the firmware to v3.40 if it doesn't have the latest firmware already.

Personally, I'm waiting for the X-Pro2 and hopefully they incorporate the features and ideas from the X-T1. X-T10 and X100T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another congrats. I am still on the original x100 and love it. I wouldn't hesitate to jump up to the X-Pro 1 and start investing in some Fuji glass. Enjoy that new kit!

I had a Fuji X-E1 which I was using it like a Leica and I sold it a purchased a
Leica, but the Fuji are great camera's enjoy it.

Tube

I've been watching videos on you tube and the way it handles noise at high ISOs is amazing. The focus peek is going to be very useful too when I get an adapter to use my Carl Zeiss 50mm lens from my old Contax.

I've been watching videos on you tube and the way it handles noise at high ISOs is amazing. The focus peek is going to be very useful too when I get an adapter to use my Carl Zeiss 50mm lens from my old Contax.

Using the old Contax rangefinder lenses even the Nikon ones is a pain,
stick with Leica or the new M mount Zeiss lenses even SLR lenses are
good.

Tube

When are we going to start seeing some images you've taken with the camera?

It arrived yesterday. I am thinking of going for a few days break so I'll be taking it with me. I've ordered a 35mm f1:4 lens to go with the other two. hopefully it will arrive before I go. It needs some nice streets for its first 'job'.

All I've done to this picture is save it as a jpg. Apart from that it's as it came from my XPro1. ISO 1600 f2:8 @ 1/60. For hand held without flash, I think is great. It looks better in black and white.

Attachments

• My Mug.jpg
    My Mug.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 24
forgot all about this thread lol. Here is a couple of my photos. Top one is a restaurant on the shore of Loch Linne.

IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG
This is St. Vincent Place, just off George Square, Glasgow.

I just realised they haven't been resized and sharpened for display on the web. But I'm really pleased with the results. I got a 50mm Jupiter 8 lens which is both superb and great fun to use especially as it is now 60 years old like me :D. Sometime in 2017, I intend to get a 135mm Jupiter 11 lens as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom