Technic SL 1300 MKII HELP

danconway327

So my tt started having an issue today. It's benn playing fine for v a month or so. I turned it on and only got sound out of the left channel. I switched it over to FM and both channels are fine. I switch it to phono 2 and get the same problem only sound in left channel. So it sounds like it is an rca cable problem. How hard is it to open up and replace the rca cable?

Take a multi meter and measure the resistance across the cart, continuity between the rca to the headshell as well.

Check to be sure all the pins on the head she'll leads are firmly gripping the males on the cartridge.

Ok so I disconnected the red and white wires from the head she'll and got the following readings on my southwire 100305 multimeter set at 20 k ohms. The red wire read 0.00 when I tested the female portion of the red rca and 0.00 when I touched the male portion of the rca cable. The white wire read 1. when I tested the female portion of the white rca and 0.00 when I touched the male portion of the rca cable.

The reading when nothing is touching the leads is 1.

What is my diagnosis doc? Bad rca cable?

Ok so I disconnected the red and white wires from the head she'll and got the following readings on my southwire 100305 multimeter set at 20 k ohms. The red wire read 0.00 when I tested the female portion of the red rca and 0.00 when I touched the male portion of the rca cable. The white wire read 1. when I tested the female portion of the white rca and 0.00 when I touched the male portion of the rca cable.

The reading when nothing is touching the leads is 1.

What is my diagnosis doc? Bad rca cable?

First is the cue lever up or down? It makes a difference since there is a muting switch when the cue lever is raised.

Disconnect the headshell. If the cueing lever is up so the arm is raised, the internal muting switch will short the inputs. So if the lever is up, the coax connection will read 0.00 between the center pin and the outer connection on both the red and white coax cables independently. If the lever is down, the reading should be infinite (or 1. on your meter.) If one input reads 0.00 with the lever down, then either you have a bad muting switch or a shorted coax cable.

Connect a headshell with a cartridge, if you do not read 0.00 but 1 then you have an open cable somewhere or a bad cartridge.

Hope this helps.

The cue lever is not working. The part that operates the auto start and auto return is broken, but that is another issue,

Back
Top Bottom