I'm Part Of The Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
All audio, no attitude. This is the reason I joined this forum. I wish I had words to express how much this means to me and how many other forms I have been on and left because of the attitude of so many. But as I read the post of this thread I realized how well it has already been said. Thanks

I'm just glad my thread promted you to make your first post on AK after joining 6 months ago.

Welcome to AK Heresy80 :thmbsp:

I'm just glad my thread promted you to make your first post on AK after joining 6 months ago.

Welcome to AK Heresy80 :thmbsp:

Yeah, it's about time you said something darn it! Just kidding. :D Welcome aboard. Glad U R here. :thmbsp:

Yes try to influence people with a positive mental attitude. At least that's what I try to portray even if I don't agree at the time.

^ Indeed.
Never treat people in a way you would not wish to be treated yourself.
And most importantly,don't let threads get to you. It's supposed to be a fun hobby... "nice 'n easy does it" as they say :thmbsp:

BTW,I've never encountered such a kind and civilised website as AK... it really is a breath of fresh air!

I'm confused as to the intent of this thread. Is it an apology? What was the point of quoting Ken Boyd about the US being the saviour of the world?

Being an old man, I've learned a thing or two in my life. One is Ford lovers are usually a stubborn lot, bordering on unreasonable. But there is hope for all of us.
On a more serious note, Ken's quote is absolutely spot-on and should be enshrined in a permanent marker in all our skulls.

Also Ken posted this in another thread that got closed and it damn near made me cry. It also brought to light a few things in a real heart felt way, thanks Ken for your outlook.

QUOTE, Ken Boyd

It is interesting how with technology the world has shrunk to the point that we can all instantly communicate with untold numbers of people, all from different backgrounds, cultures, ages, intelligence, locations, you name it. And from that we can witness how varied the opinions and beliefs, people have, its kind of scary knowing just what people think out there. I have always wondered why people don't see things the way I do, as of course each of us think others should think just like us or at least close. But when you read the post others leave and they have such opposing thoughts and ideas, sometimes you tend to think half the world is crazy, and how come I am the only sane one left. Or perhaps the person didn't make his point across well and it just came out in a manner that was easy to be misunderstood, and now with others piling on, if one was not humble or a person of courage, how easy it is to just quietly fade into the background and keep quite.

On a side note I hope everyone has a nice 4th.

I explained to a Vietnamese woman that I work with the importance the of July 4th Holiday when she stated it had no bearing on her.

If it were not for our Founders and therefore America the country, she and the rest of the world would, in all likelihood, live as servants of some King or despotic Tyrant, due to the fact that prior to the founding of America their really was no such idea that people should be born free, not subject to ownership of some other person who's bloodline was superior to yours. We Americans like to think this holiday is special to us, but in reality it is special to all people who live free, for in reality if it was not for America the entire world would live as a subject of a despot. The rest of the world should remember that, and we should be humbled by the fact that so many people sacrificed so much so that we have this luxury, lest we not take it for granted.

Being an old man, I've learned a thing or two in my life. One is Ford lovers are usually a stubborn lot, bordering on unreasonable. But there is hope for all of us.
On a more serious note, Ken's quote is absolutely spot-on and should be enshrined in a permanent marker in all our skulls.

Insulting the rest of the world is not what I call, "All Audio, No Attitude."

Let me remind you something, USA did'nt invent the wheel.

You guys should really read , and learn history, before saying such things.

What a bunch of garbage.

Enshrined it in your own skull.

I'm confused as to the intent of this thread. Is it an apology? What was the point of quoting Ken Boyd about the US being the saviour of the world?

I think the OP is frustrated at not being able to do more. We must remember that while one person CAN make a difference, there is a limit as to what one person can do. Do what you can and hope others do what they can. Don't expect yourself to be super human and don't let the inactivity of others get you down. That, IMO, is a healthy balance between how things are and how they ought to be.

as for the communication thing we as humans used to be able to communicate by telepathy or was it telegraphy ? :D
animals probably still have this and am sure they have or its just good hearing :scratch2:
well i am sure we still have it but its made much easier with modern technology . so is hearing all the worlds troubles on the tv etc .well only what we are told but that's a story for a different forum .
if someone is down don't look down on them pick them up .

Last edited:
For that I'm sorry.

The saying is "Are you going to be part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Since I can't do anything about what other do and how they feel, I'll just have to look inward. I know in my heart I don't care what race cread, socioeconomic status or country anyone is from they are my equal.

To much negitivity around here and it looks like the more some try to help and shine a light on it, it's just worse.

I'll stop biting into it and I'm not right either in all my behaviors.

Can I get some support from others here when you start seeing me grab that ball? Just a "All Audio" will pull me up.:thmbsp:

Feel Free to post that you will try making the same comitment in your outlook at AK.

Also Ken posted this in another thread that got closed and it damn near made me cry. It also brought to light a few things in a real heart felt way, thanks Ken for your outlook.

QUOTE, Ken Boyd

It is interesting how with technology the world has shrunk to the point that we can all instantly communicate with untold numbers of people, all from different backgrounds, cultures, ages, intelligence, locations, you name it. And from that we can witness how varied the opinions and beliefs, people have, its kind of scary knowing just what people think out there. I have always wondered why people don't see things the way I do, as of course each of us think others should think just like us or at least close. But when you read the post others leave and they have such opposing thoughts and ideas, sometimes you tend to think half the world is crazy, and how come I am the only sane one left. Or perhaps the person didn't make his point across well and it just came out in a manner that was easy to be misunderstood, and now with others piling on, if one was not humble or a person of courage, how easy it is to just quietly fade into the background and keep quite.

On a side note I hope everyone has a nice 4th.

I explained to a Vietnamese woman that I work with the importance the of July 4th Holiday when she stated it had no bearing on her.

If it were not for our Founders and therefore America the country, she and the rest of the world would, in all likelihood, live as servants of some King or despotic Tyrant, due to the fact that prior to the founding of America their really was no such idea that people should be born free, not subject to ownership of some other person who's bloodline was superior to yours. We Americans like to think this holiday is special to us, but in reality it is special to all people who live free, for in reality if it was not for America the entire world would live as a subject of a despot. The rest of the world should remember that, and we should be humbled by the fact that so many people sacrificed so much so that we have this luxury, lest we not take it for granted.

Interesting thread, with a strange quote.

You & me, both, :confused:

Insulting the rest of the world is not what I call, "All Audio, No Attitude."

Let me remind you something, USA did'nt invent the wheel.

You guys should really read , and learn history, before saying such things.

What a bunch of garbage.

Enshrined it in your own skull.

Well see there you are interpeting how you want to and that's not the point of the thread. I'm the OP "But" instead of focusing on quoting my words and what they say and mean your focusing on a quote of Ken's I quoted. If that wasn't enough your focusing on the wrong half of Ken's two part comment I quoted that really is unrelated to my OP.

Are you going to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

Last edited:
Quote:

End Quote:

Next time, don't quote such comments, if you want people to take you seriously.

You are trolling for problems, and you succeeded. :thmbsp:

Quote:

End Quote:

Maybe that's the problem? ;)

I have no dog in this. I always thought this quote was great counsel (when you have an opposing view from someone else and neither lets go, "never argue with idiots. They only drag you down to their level then beat you with experience". I'm not calling anyone an idiot here. Merely pointing out that sometimes pushing to show what is so obviously right to you (you , not being specific to anyone in particular here) sometimes has the opposite effect. People close their ears and their minds and dig in their heels and get their backs up. This is a great hobby. We all share different views for the same and or different reasons. Sometimes its ok to agree to disagree and let it go.

Quote:

End Quote:

If you read the whole thread, comments and replies back and forth I think one could understand the concept and reason I started this thread. If you don't please refane from commenting in a thread you don't understand.

Thank You

Last edited:
I have a friend that relayed this anecdote to me;

He said, "If a person had a job, and that job consisted of nothing more than driving to the jobsite to pick up a paycheck, it would just be a matter of time before he would wake up on payday and bitch about having to drive there."

Some folks just can't exist without drama or conflict. Especially when you speak in absolutes, they will take their shots, win or lose, right or wrong. Sometimes they'll beat the hive just to see what happens.

You can walk away from it, or get caught up in it.

It takes a conscious effort to break the cycle.

I'm receiving 4-2-7's post as an effort to break that cycle.

That thing about the USA, perhaps that part is best left to politicalchat.org.

I have a friend that relayed this anecdote to me;

He said, "If a person had a job, and that job consisted of nothing more than driving to the jobsite to pick up a paycheck, it would just be a matter of time before he would wake up on payday and bitch about having to drive there."

Some folks just can't exist without drama or conflict. Especially when you speak in absolutes, they will take their shots, win or lose, right or wrong. Sometimes they'll beat the hive just to see what happens.

You can walk away from it, or get caught up in it.

It takes a conscious effort to break the cycle.

I'm receiving 4-2-7's post as an effort to break that cycle.

That thing about the USA, perhaps that part is best left to politicalchat.org.

I love the Job analogy that was great:thmbsp:

The effort to break the cycle is not just within me but as a group. If we all can look at it that way I'm just thinking there would be a lot less negitivity in thread starts and comments.

But as seen here already much looking inwards by all is needed. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom