Yamaha AM/FM tuner models?

Dstanic

I have a Yamaha AX-730 integrated amp (early 90s) black with white letters. Also have a early 90s CD player with orange display.

Wondering if you guys could give me a rundown of the various models (not looking for detailed specs, just basics) of Yamaha digital tuners. Would be nice to know what to look for to find a tuner that would match my system (using an old Technics at the moment).

The match to look for would be the TX-930. Great reception, superb features, pretty good sound. Black, white letters, orange display.

Good huntinmg, there are a lot of them out there.

I have a lead on a TX-340. Looks like it might be a new but lower end version of the TX-930, which is okay because I don't really take AM/FM very seriously anyways. Just want it to work and match cosmetically. The round dial on the 930 is sexy though!

My CD player is a CDC-635 which is from 93 I think, so if it matched that that would be fine as well.

Came across this link with lots of info on yamaha tuners: http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/yamaha.html

I'll second Raynald on the TX930 and also add the almost identical TX950. The 950 has 40 presets and the 930 has 24 but otherwise the circuitry is identical. I have a TX-930 that is a pretty decent performer. Both 930/950 are in good supply and can be had for $50-$100 in good condition. Both tuners were at the tail end of Yamaha's efforts at serious tuners circa 1990.

Bill C.

Well I came across a TX-550 and bought it. Spent $100 (including shipping) which is a little more than I was wanting to spend, but I was having no luck finding anything else and was getting impatient. lol From comparing the owners manuals it looks very similar to the 950, just lacking a few feature I would likely never use anyways.

Back
Top Bottom