Any AK love for current Yamaha ?

I'll probably buy a used A-S500. Everything written about them is good. IF anyone sells when the money's right here.

Whats the current street price on the S2000 in the US/Britain ? Based on this Thai price, it shouldnt be the 2.5K mentioned earlier in this thread ....

53,000.00 THB = 1,684.44 USD

http://piyanas.com/shopping/productdetail.php?cat=146.317&id=1364&lang=th

Note that Thai Customs slugs imported goods heavily - close to 40% - which has me thinking this amp is Made In Thailand. Personally, I don't have a problem with that - their factories are as good as you'll find anywhere in Asia - but for some it will be a downer - serious audiophiles seem to want 'Made in Japan' and the pricetag which goes with that.

Edit: you can also get some floorstanders to match your TOTL amp under the same roof:

http://piyanas.com/shopping/productdetail.php?cat=127.278&id=3192&lang=th

1.65 million baht would still buy you a house in some parts of Thailand, not to mention a very nice family car right here in Oz.

Last edited:
I LOVE Yamaha gear and always have, just something about the way they do things. While I'm very,very happy with my vintage A-1000X,NS-1000M's,T-80 , i'd own any of this new series of equipment. I have a CD-S700 on the way, and if I could just find some I'm considering adding a pair of Soavo-1's. Doug

Yamaha MX-D1

This is one modern Yamaha amp I would like to try:
405yam1.jpg

Solid-state stereo power amplifier with class-D "digital" output stage operating at 352.8kHz. Maximum output power: 500Wpc into 4 and 8 ohms (24dBW, 27dBW, respectively) at 0.1% THD. Frequency response: 1Hz–100kHz, ±3dB; 20Hz–20kHz, ±0.5dB. THD at 10W/1kHz: <0.003%. Input sensitivity: 1.3V. Input impedance: 25k ohms. Damping factor: 200 (equivalent to an output impedance of 0.04 ohms), no frequency specified. Channel separation: 100dB. Dynamic range: 120dB or greater (IHF-A, low-pass filter at 20kHz).

Hi All,

I get that this forum is aimed at those who love vintage Yamaha kit, and I'm definitely a fan, but I like what Yamaha have done both outside and (fwir) inside the new range. Particularly like what I've read about the A-S700.

22486_12001_1.jpg

Ironically, the other current Yamaha product on my radar doesnt need an amp - its the HS80M active speaker. Studio folk certainly dont seem to have the same aversion to Yamaha kit expressed by some of the hair-shirt Audiophiles out there - more power to them.

estreeter

I'm in lust over the smaller A-S500. I can get one for $200 plus shipping, I'm so tempted. I need it like I need a hole in the head, and I already have 7 of those!:banana:

Back
Top Bottom