Super rare? Or just super junk?

dlothamer

ok, here is a stumper, i know everyone has at least once picked something up not knowing what it was or anything thinking that it was a great buy and it has to be worth a lot more than what you are getting it for, and get home to do some research and come to find out, its only worth setting up outside and putting a few bullets through,
well i picked up a yamaha cs-70, it is a receiver, tuner, and a flip clock all built into one unit, it has wood grain casing, and an amazing sound, i was wondering if any of the yamaha fanatics have ever heard a piece like this before, ive searched for 3 days now, and have found only a website in japanese, and i dont speaker japanese so i have no idea what it says, so if anyone has any tips on it, or where i can find more info on it, i would be greatly thankful

The question has been asked before, see here. Unfortunately, not much answers.
Nice looking unit though!

That thing is cool as can be. As far as value goes it would bottom out around where the source receiver is valued at. Any ideas what receiver it was based off of? As long as the basic functionality is equivalent to that the rarity and cool factor would only help IMHO. Me Likey! :D

I've found something about the CS70R in the 1974 Canadian Hi~Fi Buyer's Catalogue of Electron

12W RMS / channel, 4 channel amplifier, 1% THD and 1% IM at rated output, frequency response 40-20kHz ±3dB. No list price however.

Picture of the cute thang

I found this through another thread on AK. It certainly has a kind of 1970 vibe.
Maybe home market only? Looks like a nice walnut case (maybe faux).

Attachments

• yamaha-cs-70.jpg
    yamaha-cs-70.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 146
I picked one of these up yesterday at Goodwill while on vacation...anyone know how to connect speakers to this baby? It has some very funky XLR-ish (but not) connectors on the back. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom