Protection Relay List - all in one spot, but need help

4seatPilot

"Broker"
Ok - I've done my due dilligence and searched, to no avail. Either I'm doing something wrong (quite possible) or nobody has posted a replacement relay suggestion for this receiver yet.

I've got a few units opened up for re-furb, and figure replace all the relays while I'm at it. I've found that as far as I can tell, the CR-820, 1020, 2020 and maybe the 620 too, all have the same relay - MY2N-DC12 Omron or HC2-HP-DC12V Panasonic. I haven't looked at the 3020 relays yet.

(If those aren't right, correct me and I'll adjust the post as to not lead anyone astray)

I found this G2RL-2A-DC24 for the A-1020 integrated amp...

But I have not been able to locate one to fit the CR-840 - and presumably some of the other n40 units too. The one from the 840 that I've pulled out is a DEC Type MS4U 12VDC according to the markings on top. It has a different pin layout than the n20 series, 4 across one row, two other rows with just the outside 2 pins in each row. I can take a pic if needed - but I'm hoping somebody has the part number recorded and can just post it.

Sounds like an Omron MY4-02-DC12.

On the right track... except the tabs look to wide on that one. I think it's for plugging into a socket - PY14QN at the end of the data sheet looks like it would fit as far as hole arrangement ect. Though there is also and extra row of pins. Do you think Yamaha just snipped off the extra row? It's pins 1-4 that are not present. Seems they used a 4PDT relay in a DPST application. The tabs are connected in pairs so that pins 1&2 and 3&4 are connected together.

Footprint is also a couple mm bigger, but I think there is room.

I might just order one - and the associated socket to see how it goes.

I thought I had looked at that one last night - but the datasheet didn't load. This morning it did - so either it's a different relay, or it just decided to work today, or I'm losing my mind.

Some pictures of the CR-840 relay

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4077.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4079.jpg
    IMG_4079.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125
MY4-02-DC12 is what you want (solder pins). Snip all the extra pins and bridge each pair of contacts for extra contact rating.

MY4-02-DC12 is what you want (solder pins). Snip all the extra pins and bridge each pair of contacts for extra contact rating.

Just have to find one with solder pins then. The first one that came up in mouser search is a plug in.
Thanks for getting me off on the right direction.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mouser might have shown you a pic of the solder-tab part, but the middle section of the part number (the '-02') identifies the relay as a PC through-hole part.

Mouser might have shown you a pic of the solder-tab part, but the middle section of the part number (the '-02') identifies the relay as a PC through-hole part.

Ah-ha. Good to know. So the descriptions are not always accurate? I was starting to wonder - as one of the 12v relays had 24v in part of it's description. can't recall which one now. So - just go with the part number when ordering. I'll keep that in mind - and now perhaps that little tidbit of information ("-02" = through-hole) can help some others too.

Thanks E.W.!

I have a stash of Fujitsu PCB mount FRL 264 12V relays (same as Omron MY4-02). We used to use tens of thousands of these each year, but usage stopped around 12 years ago with a change to a pair of two pole relays - it was cheaper to use two relays than one.

Back
Top Bottom