Fisher 400 speaker help JBL or Utah

Koho15

I am having my fisher 400 worked on by Terry DeWick. I also recently purchased a pair of JBL L150 speakers. Is there any chance of these working together? I feel like the L150 (s) will be too much ... I am very new to this hobby so I need all the help I can get. I also acquired a pair of Utah Heritage speakers at a garage sale. I am thinking they may be a better match for the Fisher, but would love to learn more from folks with way more experience than I have.

Thank you,
Tom

Really, unless you plan on having the folks across the street calling the police, both speakers will be terrific. This thing called "synergy" is dependent on the output impedance of the amp, the input impedance of the speakers, the phase angle, the frequency, and a bunch of other stuff that's all impossible to really predict. What does that mean?

It's all about the listening. :yes:

On paper those JBLs should be a good fit at 88-dB SPL, 1W/1m sensitivity. But, as Fisherdude says it's all about the listening.

I really liked how my Fisher sounded through Boston Acoustics A150s. AR2ax also had a very nice voice with it. Probably most often I use Klipsch Forte's due to their efficiency. There's something about those Boston Acoustics that I really like with the Fisher, even though they're not as loud or dynamic as the Fortes.
There's always cool speakers popping up on Cincinnati craigslist. In fact, there's a really nice looking pair of Heresy 2s on cinci CL right now, also a pair of Fortes. And very nice prices too.

On average, the JBL L series and tube Fisher gear are nice sounding matches. The JBL L series are efficient enough to satisfy most listening needs with headroom to spare. Ironic thing is your Fisher 400 and my 800-C are both at Terry DeWick's fine shop. Big advantage I have over you, is that Terry's place of residence is only 50 minutes from my home. Both of us will be equally as satisfied about our Fisher receivers. By the way, the sweet, highly musical Fisher 400 you will soon have singing, was my first introduction to fine high fidelity musical sounds, that impression has been with me ever since. And has never stopped. Hope we both break in our Fisher gear in the same time frame together in spirit.

Back
Top Bottom