Fall Twangfest Prep already?

jaymanaa

RIP 1961-2018
Jeesh, it seems like I just got rid of you guys a week ago.:D I guess we can start looking at dates. I'd really like to get some guys to travel dammit. Believe it or not, there is an airport in KC where the really big airplanes can land. What about sometime in October, maybe the middle part? What dates don't work for anyone that wants to come. Counting those dates out will be the first step I would think.

Hells yeah I'll try my best to come again :D I have plans for the 1st and the 3rd weekends and I'm clear for the 2nd and 4th ones

Last edited:
Too bad T-fest is so far away in time, as I have a WOPL 700B here on loan for about another week. It outputs ~500 watts per side, and any local T-fest regular should PM me if they want to drop by and have a listen.

Yeah, I can show up just about any time - the rest of you can wrangle over it (T-fest date, that is).

At this point I have no Oct. dates that are definitely out. I have to be down in Spfld. on Friday the 3d, so a Sat. trip to KC might be a bit much, but if it ends up being on the 4th for other reasons, I might even stay over in Spfld. and loop back through KC instead of going home. So put the 4th down as 'not the best but not a show stopper' for me. If I did that I would not be able to bring the big Altecs, but again, not the end of the world.

Last edited:
You guys are starting to pith me off. Don't you know it's inappropriate to make fun of people with a lithp?

Hmm. My family is working at a local farmers' market / pumpkin patch deal all month (October), and my sis-in-law is doing the big hitcheroo on the 11th. So dang it all, I'm probably out.

:tears:

How will you ever get along if I don't bring my nekkid TF600's? :D

I'm sorry to hear that jhoyt because those were the best speakers I heard last time. I was thinking we needed to step up the speaker selection this time, and now we really need to! I could bring the Atlantics, those were popular a few Twangs ago, and I've already mentioned the Altecs (828H's (which were Jay's to begin with) with dc270's 511b horns and Rienkus-Heinz drivers). I would need a 4 ohm capable amp though, unless I find some 8 ohm 15" woofers soon. But I digress - easy to do, I love the gear.

I'm sorry to hear that jhoyt because those were the best speakers I heard last time. I was thinking we needed to step up the speaker selection this time, and now we really need to! I could bring the Atlantics, those were popular a few Twangs ago, and I've already mentioned the Altecs (828H's (which were Jay's to begin with) with dc270's 511b horns and Rienkus-Heinz drivers). I would need a 4 ohm capable amp though, unless I find some 8 ohm 15" woofers soon. But I digress - easy to do, I love the gear.

Hm, I got fat stacks of 15s, EVs, Altecs, Emminence,.............. Are you talking for the A7s?

Yours were actually 828H's I thought, but yeah, those. I posted in Speakers just today about my Denon 8 ohm amp distorting on them the other day, could be the amp is in need of work but Denon did not offer a 4-ohm output rating for it, so I wonder if that could have had something to do with it.

Anyway I'd definitely be interested in talking woofer with ya.

Yours were actually 828H's I thought, but yeah, those. I posted in Speakers just today about my Denon 8 ohm amp distorting on them the other day, could be the amp is in need of work but Denon did not offer a 4-ohm output rating for it, so I wonder if that could have had something to do with it.

Anyway I'd definitely be interested in talking woofer with ya.

515 8gs I think :scratch2:
EV LS15s
not sure on eminence but they are 8 ohm

I don't think I've ever owned a non 8 ohm spikker. Got some 600 ohm cans though.

I'll look those up and see what I can find out, unless you already know that any/all of them would work well in the cabinets. I had T/S params for the CTS's and was advised they were close enough to the original Altecs.

Back
Top Bottom