Your #1 reason for hanging with us

What is your #1 reason for being on AudioKarma?

• The deals or pricing info

Votes: 6 0.7%
  • The technical knowledge

Votes: 370 43.3%
  • The personalities and friends here

Votes: 211 24.7%
  • The information on a specific brand or area of interest

Votes: 124 14.5%
  • Sharing my personal audio experiences with others

Votes: 144 16.8%

• Total voters
I didn't know ice-cream is considered a medication. :scratch2:

Yea Westy!

It's chocked full of Vitamin G (goodness)! :D :thmbsp:

O.jpg
Rome

Might also be useful to know what members don't like about AK...

I went through a time when the "score" mentality got to be a little much. This pops up on ham radio forums too, people resenting the choice to buy stuff new at what they perceive to be less of a value. I have a strong anti-hoarding urge, which used to not be an endearing quality...

I stick around because it's been a good way to keep up on the local audiophile scene, no matter where I've ended up.

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path

Apparently keep the loonies together in AK

I live for the ...''can I use my 100 watt rated speakers with my 125 watt output amp safely?'' questions.

Like many here, I found this site because I was looking for information and knowledge, and that is what I got while I lurked for a few months. The more posts I read, though, the more I appreciated the people here. After I started posting, sharing my experiences also became a factor. There aren't very many places where vintage-audio nuts can converse with people who share that interest. I have some locally (Hong Kong), but they are all Chinese-speaking, and I prefer English. :D As I got to "know" the people here, it became more and more about the attitudes and sense of community among the people posting here. I had to vote for that, and in retrospect, I'm not surprised that over 70 percent have voted the same. This is one "special" online place!
Hey Lee, it's been almost 7 years since your visit to my home in Portland OR over the Christmas holiday in 2008. It was great to meet you in person. It hope to see you again some day.

I've been fortunate to have met quite a few Ak'ers. I live within a mile of a couple of AK'ers here in the Minnesota Iron Range. Both are salt of the earth and like brothers to me.

I came for the technical info/knowledge...
Stayed cos so many know and like the music I enjoy...second home now...

I first came here to learn more about audio equipment and building a better system. Surprisingly, after being here almost a year, I realized, for me, it's all about the music, not the gear.

I now spend 90% of my time on the music forums and am amazed (and thrilled) how much I'm learning about different artists and musical genres.

I'm a big fan of AK and evangelize it at every opportunity; really nice members also.

The poll is still open, so I resurrected it.

Everyone here is so friendly and personable, which is what I love so much about this forum. I originally joined AVS and while I continue to be an active member over there, the people over there are just complete assholes a lot of the time (pardon the language). That's not to say there aren't nice people on AVS (there are) but the jerks stand out and are almost always around. Today, I got accused of spreading "misinformation" for simply stating my opinion and my experience and that's not the first time that has happened. I love being a part of an audio community and I found that a lot more here than I did on AVS.

As me being very new here, It's mainly the technical knowledge. But I do love sharing info and talking about stuff I like, so it may change over time.

Back
Top Bottom