Magnavox 8802 Restore

mroc

Just wanted to share some before and after pics of my 8802.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Very nice work / craftsmanship. You may as well give up, you've been bit by the bug.:yes: I bet you're already thinking about what might be next.:D

Ha ha, yes Jaymanaa, I am. I was considering selling this one and getting started on another. I am also collecting parts to build a set of La Scalas. I have the woofers and tweeters.

You should do a scratch power amp. Bang for buck, and fun per hour, they are hard to beat. First thing I do is pick an output tube depending on how much power I want, and go from there.

Sounds cool. Something to consider. Might be a bit over my head though. I can read a schematic, solder and replace parts, but that sounds like a lot of design.

I don't why, but I'm only able to post the one pic. My avatar is an after pic, but that's not very clear.

8802 After Pic 2

One at a time is better than none I guess

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 50
8802 After Pic 3

Could have done a little better with the soldering and positioning of replacement components. Will know better next time. Still sounds great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 57
8802 After Pic 4

Need some better binding posts, too. Can't wait to hear this 7 wpc classic on those 104 dB sensitivity La Scalas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Need some better binding posts, too. Can't wait to hear this 7 wpc classic on those 104 dB sensitivity La Scalas!

Don't get the RS solder tags, unless you clean and tin them before use, they don't take solder out of the package very well.

Edit, sorry I thought you were talking about solder tag strips. For speaker binding, Edison solid copper are TOTL but not cheap and getting hard to find.

Thanks for the pictures! They really make me want to get mine restored. Too bad I can't do the work myself.

cubdog

Don't get the RS solder tags, unless you clean and tin them before use, they don't take solder out of the package very well.

Edit, sorry I thought you were talking about solder tag strips. For speaker binding, Edison solid copper are TOTL but not cheap and getting hard to find.

I've never had any issues soldering to the RS terminal strips. What solder are you using?

I tried to post double or triple pics once but the AK database said I had already used that picture and wouldn't let me post the same one twice. Well, I just figured out that all I had to do was to rename my pics on my computer.

The push/pull 6V6 amplifier is usually good for about 10 watts per channel. What are the two tall tubes? 6V6G's?

Back
Top Bottom