Audio Dynamics speakers?

kkib

I got a pair of Audio Dynamics XT-6 bookshelf speakers last weekend at a garage sale. Does anybody have any information about this brand?

No, but...

... IIRC, ADC stands for "Audio Dynamics Corporation". Maybe the speakers in question are ADC's? Do a search on eBAY and see if anything turns up.

Used to be made in Milford, Connecticut. They had a respectable line of speakers. In my opinion, the high point of ADC's speaker offerings was the ADC 303ax. 10" two-way acoustic suspension with a paper cone tweeter. It could compete with the KLH 6, or Advent Loudspeaker. I have a pair on my desk at work, driven by a Pioneer SA-9500. Some reviewers used the 303ax as their reference speakers well into the late 80's.

Your XT-6's don't show up in the '99 Blue Book. Neither do my 303ax's.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

The store (Lechmere Sales) in whose audio department I worked in the mid 60's carried the ADC line. They were in the same bracket as those of Fisher, HH Scott and AR's. I liked them better. I don't recognize the ones pictured, tho.

Their TOTL phono cartridges were, IMHO, among the very best. I still use their XLM MK III and actually found a NOS replacement stylus for it (and a cartridge, too, which I bought, as it was only a few dollars more than the stylus) at the NeedleDoctor.com. Whoodathunkit.

6 ohms. Here's an ad. I'm going to pick up a set of these for very cheap next week. What do you think of them? I have several ADC speaker sets and I really like them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517_150508_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_150508_eBay.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 11
holy thread resurrection, batman!

but yeah, I have a pair of ADC 303ax's, very solid well-built cabinets. if the XT-6 is similar and the price is as good as you say, I bet you will have fun with them.
my tweeters were dead so I never heard them in a restored condition.

an issue you might run into is a bunch of waxy tar on the crossover which is a pain, but can be softened with a hair dryer and scraped/pulled off.

which ADC models do you have? (probably at least one had the tar)

Back
Top Bottom