Piano black ren 90

okeeteekid

I got scammed recently on the bay when I purchased a pair of oak ren 90's, upset that I didn't get the speakers I Made an offer on the piano black ren 90's also on the bay, the ones that are $3500 OBO item #331354358249 , the sellers ad says "no missing parts" I emailed him anyway just to make sure there are no missing parts and asked him if he had all 6 spiked feet, Lol he didn't even know that the speakers came with them, then he said if I wanted them so bad that I could buy them from infinity for $20 Lol again, when I told him infinity doesn't support their products anymore, and that it would be a long time if and ever you will see them used for sale,That said.. I made him decline my offer, I'm starting to loose faith in buying stuff off the bay, so if any of you guys here are thinking of bidding on them I just want to let you know that the sellers ad is misleading, he should have said all 6 spiked feet are missing.

Last edited:
I recently made a different kind of blunder....bought one of those tube preamps from China...well, it sounds like a bag of cats and by the time i pay for shipping back its not really worth it...

I recently made a different kind of blunder....bought one of those tube preamps from China...well, it sounds like a bag of cats and by the time i pay for shipping back its not really worth it...

Thanks for the Info, I was going to buy one to see how they sound.

exactly..."we tested it, it was fine"

ha....sure you did, anyway, live and learn...maybe use it as a project down the road...

Do you think it might sound better with more break in time?

i put about 20 hours on it...i replaced the tubes with new golden lions and NOS mullards...

the notched volume pot drove me crazy, "thats too loud, thats not enough..."

using the tone controls the volume level seemed normal, hit the tone bypass button and wowie, 9:00 was really freakin loud...

I will try it again at sometime...

main issue overall was the insane amount of gain when using the tone bypass...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom