Help with +/- speaker wire.

hobbesk

Story: After waiting 3.5 years for New Old Stock polydome RSDS, I've finally got a pair.

Next is to install them into my K9. Problem. How do I know which wire to solder to which speaker lead?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I do not see the white band nor the white/black band.

Oh well. Guess by trial and error I guess.

the general rule with infinity is:

the wire with a black stripe goes to the " – " terminal of the driver.
the solid color wire goes to the " + " terminal.

Story: After waiting 3.5 years for New Old Stock polydome RSDS, I've finally got a pair.

I've long wondered about the RSDS Polydomes as replacements for the normal Kappa Polydomes. I've read they spec the same but I've never seen testimony on how they actually sound as replacements. Care to comment? If you've been waiting for RSDS replacements, are you replacing RSDS Polydomes? Why are you having to replace them?

Haven't quite got around to it this weekend like I thought. Reason I'm placing the RSDS is because the domes on the original polydomes cracked and ripped. Also the material went hard. I'm curious too so the 3.5 year effort in sourcing them. Meanwhile I have the Vifa polydomes in them, but because it's 8ohms, it changes the sound and it's way way too bright. Very fatiguing to hear for any extended periods. Will definitely report back.

Finally got around to installing the RSDS. Piercing brightness is gone, vocals are much softer not as fatiguing. Order better than vifa dome mids I was using. I'm quite satisfied with it. Overall the whole speaker seems better balanced. Seamless transition between drivers.

I've been using the RSDS drivers (polydome and polygraph) in almost all my Kappas and I love them. Best of all, no more polydome issues!!!
Randy

I'm still using the original Polygraphs. Was fortunate to score near mint pair of Polygraphs just in case. Hoarding extra pair of SEMIT, EMIT, Polygraphs. Haven't seen the woofers, though. Question, how are the Polygraph RSDS vs original Polygraphs?

Back
Top Bottom