Infinity Preamp...can't wait to try it!

scottykarate

Ain't skeered!
Subscriber
Well, after getting rid of my audio gear prior to divorce, including my Infinitesimals and RS3Bs, I'm acquiring the pieces to get my first two channel system going.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Denon POA 1500 and luckier yet, IMO to have found an Infinity preamp.
I have nothing to stack it with, yet, since I need to reattach the glass on the Denon, but it looks decent by itself. I'm not sure what's going on in the upper left corner, but I'm OK with it.
I hope I can get some classic Infinity speakers very soon and that this pre is as great as my Nakamichi CA7A was.

Attachments

• 20141105_204127.jpg
    20141105_204127.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Wow, had only ever heard of, but never saw one before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That's a RARE piece of Infinity history. Very cool.

I am guessing perhaps "almost" as rare as the Infinity Air Bearing Turntable.

infairbearrs0.jpg

Wow! That's a RARE piece of Infinity history. Very cool.

I am guessing perhaps "almost" as rare as the Infinity Air Bearing Turntable.

infairbearrs0.jpg

Prehaps even rarer. I heard of the TT; never heard of the preamp. Boy, with a TT and preamp like that, one would need Infinity Servostatic 1A with the Crossover!

Prehaps even rarer. I heard of the TT; never heard of the preamp. Boy, with a TT and preamp like that, one would need Infinity Servostatic 1A with the Crossover!

Now we're talking! Then we need the Swamp ..or swamp amp or whatever it is. Maybe a Black Widow tonearm on a separate TT.

If that things sounds as good as it looks it's going to be amazing. I was reading something about them the other day, aparently they are pretty rare. Nice find.

My guess is there are easily more preamps than the TT. I've seen maybe a dozen or so of the preamps show up for sale in the last 8 years (and i haven't been watching very closely over the last few). Never seen one of the TT's come up...

And one review I remember coming across compared it favorably to either the Stax CA-X or Mark Levinson ML-7. That's very good company.

My guess is there are easily more preamps than the TT. I've seen maybe a dozen or so of the preamps show up for sale in the last 8 years (and i haven't been watching very closely over the last few). Never seen one of the TT's come up...

I'd agree that the TT is quite a bit more rare. I believe I've read that there was about 200 of the pre made.

I'd definitely buy the TT and amp if I saw them for sale, regardless of whether rarity means valuable.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=610404

Some interesting info on both.

Phono pre. ..headphone amp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom