CR 500 dead left channel

Jpowell1

I picked up a CR 500 and the right channel sounds great but the left makes no sound with any input
Any ideas?

Since it has pre and main I tested it and the pre amp is fine and only right channel in amp mode
So the issue is in the amp section

You'll need to trouble shoot the signal to the bad side. You'll need a signal generator and oscilloscope. Since you know that the preamp section is good connect your scope probe to the amplifier input circuit.out. Go to the next stage etc. Keep going until the signal is lost. Get the schematic to follow the circuit(s). Do this first and post the results. We'll continue from there.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
When I opened the bottom the left channel fuse was blown so I jumpered it and it blew the slow fuse and when I jumpered it I got some humm from the left channel and then a blue spark and now it is dark
I may have fried it I know jumping blown fuses is not smart but I thought it would show me what the problem is and I paid .99 for it
These fuses are soldered in and not in holders
Help if you can

Check your left channel output transistors for at least one shorted transistor. Most likely have a open emtter resistor(s) as well.

Unless you really enjoy throwing extra parts into things. Stop ! jumpering fuses.

Back
Top Bottom