can I run a Yamaha PC2002 with a yamaha RX-V2095?

gentlejax

just ran across this local for $125 and I have been wanting something to run my yamaha too and not use the internal .

it has xlr inputs for balanced and what looked like some other for unbalanced.

not standard rca inputs . two channels with two jacks each. looks like a nice amp if I can make it work with my v2095

Hell yes.

Run and get the PC2002!

Buy some RCA-XLR cables from monoprice and rock out.

what exactly do I need to run it to a pair of towers ? the inputs are throwing me off. not used to 2 inputs per side(2 for a , 2 for b) regardless of wether I run it xlr or rca

what exactly do I need to run it to a pair of towers ? the inputs are throwing me off. not used to 2 inputs per side(2 for a , 2 for b) regardless of wether I run it xlr or rca

Or, buy a pair of mono quarter inch jack to RCA adapters.

Second the buy recommendation.

The jacks are mono 1/4" phone jacks. If you buy the Sam's recommended adapters (Radio Shack has them) then you just put one into one Channel A and one Channel B jack and you're ready to go. The extra phone and XLR jacks are just for allowing and "out" from the same input to another amp (daisy chaining).

Search the AK database or the Yamaha website for the operations or owners manual and all of this will be much clearer.

Ok. So I just use one of each on each side..

Ok. My only issue now is wether it works or not. Seller got it from a church

Ok. So I just use one of each on each side..

Ok. My only issue now is wether it works or not. Seller got it from a church

I have two P2201's, very similar design Lineage. Both were very much "used" and very rough cosmetically, but they are built like a brick and both worked perfectly.

Yup, IME, you've got a 75% chance it will be working and actually pretty decently.

To test the DC offset before you hook up any speakers, If you have a digital multimeter (DMM), attach the test leads to one channel's speaker terminals. Then turn on the DMM and set it for 100-200V DC. Then, with no input source and the gain control set to full clockwise, turn on the amp, no speakers attached and watch the DMM display. if it reads less than 1 volt, then good, switch the DMM range down to its lowest setting (like 2 volts or 200mV. If the readings are below 50mV or as close to 0.00mV as possible then the amp channel has a good offset reading. Repeat for the other channel.

There are other adjustments for bias current but that means getting inside the amp.

If your offset is OK, then now try some test speakers. Hook them up properly to the amp, turn the gain controls to about 3 o'clock, then set up a source with a volume control like an iPod or iPhone via a 3 pin miniplug to stereo RCA adapter cable - a source like this can drive the amp directly. Turn on the source, then turn on the amp. The amp normally has a few seconds delay to stabilize through a relay before coming online - you should hear a faint click and the protection light should go out. Then if all is well, there should be no thump, and you can then try music by selecting a song, then play, and increase the volume till you get sound.

let us know how it goes. BTW, there an obligatory saying:

:worthless

Back
Top Bottom