The one tuner you wished you had but don't?

Lefty

Just wanting to get a pulse on what people lust after in the way of tuners that they have not yet aquired....

Me, I want a chance to play with a Sanusi TU-X1. I've tried to get Grumpy to 'rent' me his, but he wisely sees through my evil ways :smoke:

So what do others lust for in the way of Tuners?

Lefty

This Kenwood looks (and sounds) like it could.....

I was looking thru my Kenwood audio literature and found the KT-917 Fm Stereo Tuner...that thing looks fabulous...and probably sounded that way too!!The description of the tuner reads...."The finest FM Tuner in the world as recognized by Japanese audiophiles who awarded it the Grand Prix at the Tokyo Audio Fair".This was from one of my Kenwood brochures from 1979.Sure would like to find this tuner in a thrift store somewhere,I'm sure if you found it on Ebay it would fetch a princeley sum!! :naughty: :scratch2: Rob

I've owned at 1 time or another pretty much all of the more highly considered tuners except a Sequerra that I only had the use of (Day 1) and the Sony ST-5000/5000F so it would be that 1 for me, the STC-7000 tuner/preamp and a REL Precedent though in the back of my mind I do think I owned one as a kid; about the time I joined Boy Scouts but won't swear to it. Of all I've owned and gotten rid of the only 1s I'd like to reacquire would be the Fisher TFM-1000, Scott 4310, and Marantz 20 (not 20b).

First off I couldn't lust for them until I've heard them!! I'm about halfway through all of them I want to hear and experience, but the halfway I've gone has been the bottom end of good tuners-now for the top end!

L'wood

I lust after a Fisher FM-1000, but would easily settle for a Scott 310E or even a REL Precedent because of it's cool looks and unique design.

I'm all set with SS tuners unless I could have a German exotic like the Wieschhoff designed Klein & Hummel FM 2002 or Restek FM 3003, or the uber expensive Burmester 978.

Last edited:
So Many Choices .....So Little Money!!

If we're talking dream tuners after I won the Lotto then. :banana:
Sansui TU-X1
Kenwood L-02T
something Accuphase
Marantz 2130

Now we're talking I luck into $700 to $1000 (fat chance of that.....) :no:
Philips AH 673 or AH 6731
Sansui TU-919
Yamaha CT-7000 in mint black
and maybe this Fisher FM-1000 that timoteus has been talking about. He's got me thinking tube sound. :scratch2:

And for day-in-day-out practical wishing......
a Yamaha T-85 hooked up to high quality antenna, atop a nice rotator.

Last edited:
Toshiba ST-910 in silver,
Wega Lab Zero,
Kenwood L-02T,
Pioneer Exclusive F3,
Yamaha CT-7000 in silver.

but my Denon TU-850 does quite well for the moment. and chances are it'll keep on doing well long after the ICs and electronics in some of the above tuners have gone bust...

edit. but to answer the question properly (the ONE tuner), it would be, argh, difficult, it would be the Exclusive F3.

Last edited:
I "settled" for a Yammi T-80 because all the T-1's, -2's, -7's and -85's were wayyyyyyy over budget.
Tom

Axel
This Pioneer F3 you mention....do you have a picture? Don't think I've ever heard of this one.

Timoteus

The last REL Precedent that sold on eBay went for $3300. Are you saying this FM-1000 will fetch that much too? Am I going to have to move it up to my Lotto dream list?

I been curious about the accuphase T-100 but its doubtful I will pay the price of admission.

Theres a couple others id like to try but honestly after getting my X1 the search stopped. :)

I have owned the FM1000 and it didn't float my boat but then again some of the other top tuners didn't either. For the money stick with the FM-200B and keep a lot of dough in your pocket. Just my opinion.

REL Precedent.

attachment.php

bob adams said:
Not a bad thing to have to settle for Ovenmaster.
Considering the shape it was in and what I paid for it? I ain't complaining, no sir! :naughty:
Tom

Back
Top Bottom