Nakamichi ST7 display dim

heehaaa

Just bought a Nak st7 tuner and the LCD or led display is dim. After doing some searches, found out that this problem is common to this tuner. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thanks in advance.

Just bought a Nak st7 tuner and the LCD or led display is dim. After doing some searches, found out that this problem is common to this tuner. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thanks in advance.
If you find out please let me know. Mine is headed that direction as well.

same problem with NAD L40

I have two of them (nice little receivers w/CD deck inside) but both displays are near impossible to read, they've become so dim!
Any fix info appreciated!

ST-7 dim display

I was just gifted with rather a long explanation by a highly recommended Nak tuner expert about this very common problem.

As I understood his comments, when the display is totally out or uniformly dim, it's more likely a particular capacitor which needs replacing. Piece of cake.

But if individual elements are going out, it's more likely the (unobtainium) display unit itself. Bummer.

Which kinda sucks since I just bought one off the bay which has some of both problems.

So any offer for mine will be seriously considered, of course. :D

Back
Top Bottom