Fave Yes album?

Sansui Louie

Curmudgeon
The Yes Album. Followed by Fragile, followed by Close to the Edge, followed by Yessongs.

The rest of them could be used for clay pigeons, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, Relayer of course is my fav since 1974...Going For The One follows and maybe Close To The Edge or Tales.....follows.

Sansui Louie said:
Really? I don't have Relayer. Going for the One I have. I find it to be unnecessarily busy and over-produced.

Yeah ot can be,,,but I still think the tunes and the playing are great, especially Howe in Awaken.

Relayer is a very different animal, and all 5 are just playing awesome at the same time..very different sound and style. Very aggressive, but I think that its the best guitar rock ever played by a long shot.

Fav YES album

Tales of Topographical Oceans, Relayer, Close to the Edge, the Yes Album....
they're all so good, all so close.....

Relayer is far and away their best... Close to the Edge, Yes Album. Oddly NOT 90125!!

They are all good in their own special way. A line up that changes with every album. As long as Chris Squire is playing and singing I'm happy!

Close to the Edge-Fragile-Yes Album-Tales-Relayer

All so close, I could probably reverse the order 10 minutes from now.

Ray

juncers said:
Close to the Edge-Fragile-Yes Album-Tales-Relayer

All so close, I could probably reverse the order 10 minutes from now.

Ray

My sentiments exactly - whichever of these I listened to most recently.

Yessongs was my fave, they were also one of the best concert's I've gone to, that would be in around 73 or 74. Everything from Relayer and earlier was great, they lost me a bit after that.

Tales From Topographic Oceans-speaks to me like no other. This one TAKES me places....

Close to the Edge- Just a superb album all around but doesnt move me the way Tales does. Very close 2nd tho...

Relayer, Tormato, Big Gen, Yes Album, Going for the One are all in heavy rotation. Love Keys to Ascension (i and ii) and wonder what couldve come from Union if it continued on. Yessongs good, Yesshows ok. ABWH was a nice touch in 89, imho

Fragile is too "divided" for me. Sound like tracks from different albums due to the way they selected the tracks(sorta like UmmaGumma)

That's a great description of Fragile . I also enjoy Talk and Fly From Here . I need to listen to Relayer again .

I just realized I don't own a copy of Relayer... I'll have to keep an eye out for it. My favorite has always been Close to the Edge and a close second is Fragile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom