The yamaha gods have blessed me this week!!!

volvorwd

Luck must be on my side this week as I was able to snag a mint fully working k960 in orginal packaging, plus a flawless CD-2 n another CD-2 that seems to be in ok condition that has a crack on the glass over the display. All 3 decks are said to work but won't know what I'm into untill that all arrive, I hope so as I'm into all 3 with shipping for about $210. I already I have one k960 that I'm loving how it sounds even with old prerecorded tapes, that works fine after cleaning the old belts n replacing them but the Dbx system in it is on the fritz along with almost all the bulbs out. So when I saw a minty one for sale I just had to have it, n save my current one for parts, n that's what I plan to do with the 2 CD-2 that are on the way use the good one n save the other for parts. So now my early 80's Yamaha system just needs a set of NS speakers and a PX-2 or PX-3 to replace the Kef C40s and the sl1200mk3 that currently resides in the system. Pics to come soon!!!!!

Got one of the CD-2 in today, and into the system. It looks right at home with the rest of its early 80's siblings. Its in great condition n has no issues playing store bought cds, n to my surprise it will play my burned cds if I set it to auto n let it do what it does best. Just don't try to tell it to skip to another song on burnt cds as it will start playing that song anywhere it wants maybe halfway maybe 30 secs in lol.
Now just waitng on my other k960 to arrive along with the cosmeticily challenged CD-2 that I'm saving for parts. Here's some pics:
6unyse4e.jpg
hebada3u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom