Yamaha CDC-555 sticky carousel tray

Kingfisher

I recently bought a used cdc-555 but the carousel tray doesn't always close when I push the button. IOW, It gets stuck in the open position. Sometimes I have to "nudge" the tray to get it to close. Is this an easy fix or will I have to replace parts?

I have the exact issue with my CDC-555.
It opens fine with the button or remote but always have to give a push to close.
Not sure if it's worth the effort to fix that. :(

I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue with a recently acquired CDC 502. I removed the top cover and saw small white gear that seems to drive a larger gear, that moves the drawer. When I press the close button, it seems like the smaller gear tries to turn and makes a noise but sticks. Will I need to remove the drawer to access the belt (if there is one) or do I have to pull off the bottom cover to access? Thanks in advance.

Stuck draw on Yamaha CDC player

I don't know this specific model, but I repaired a CDC 645 with a draw that wouldn't open at all, by removing the case and changing the belt (which was mostly hidden & broken). I seems they can pick up loose white grease which softens the belts, so that they slip and break. I found a replacement with a search ( ~$4 @ BEST Buy on line?), replaced the old one and it was as good as new. I had the same problem with a Fisher MT 750 turntable, small thin black belt picks up grease, softens, slips, breaks and you are stuck. Find the belt by looking everywhere on the inside and replace it.

Thanks for the advice. Took a look on bestbuy.com. Did not see any belts other than sweeper belts. Did you use those?

Belts for Yamaha CDPs

I didn't find it directly from Best Buy, but with a search on my player/changer itself. That led to the link for purchasing the belt, as well as other belts available. I didn't save the link. The charge data from my credit card was "Best Buy Parts Store 866-933-5552 MN 55423 US". I would assume you could call them at that number and perhaps cut out the need to find the exact search link. The cost was $8.90 for 2 belts plus postage. If you can't find it, I could go back and search on my Yamaha CDP itself and see if I can find it again. I bought the latest available Yamaha CDP 600, about 6 months ago and have been pleased with it. I have now picked up 3 more used ones at various GW's at $7 to $17 each for back up as good new ones ( I like changers for continuous listening) are getting harder to find. All have been good "as is" except for the one I had to get the new belt for.

Back
Top Bottom