The C-60 vs. the C-70??

Vinylmasters

Any major differences here? I have two C-70's, but the darn thinsg keep blowing replays and such. Someone on here told me that isn't the case with the C-60. My repair guy has two C-60's and I'm thinking of swapping one of the C-70's for the C-60.

Help? I'm just TRYING to keep one of these things running, but replacing relays and such every few months is NOT what I want to d, but I love the sound on these pre's....

The C-60 has more in common with the C-80 than the C-70. The C-60 seems to simply be missing a few of the C-80's more advanced features (inverted pre-outs, etc), but otherwise very similar. I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

The C-60 has more in common with the C-80 than the C-70. The C-60 seems to simply be missing a few of the C-80's more advanced features (inverted pre-outs, etc), but otherwise very similar. I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

That's what I was thinking (the C-70 might be an older model or something too?), but how is it repair wise? The last thing I want is another pre-amp that's in the shop more often than not!

i got a C-60 @Kobeys swap meet in SD .. paid $20 for it..

if i am honest mine looks like it has been rode hard and put away wet... some dings and generally doesn't seem to have been babied...

however after several cleanings despite everything mine works great (and sounds great) i have had mine for about 1yr now I guess...I am very happy with it.

It's not much of an option here since he only has the 60's (and I need something like before now!), but what is the difference between the 60 and the 80?

Inverted output jacks.:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Inverted output jacks.:thmbsp:

My C-70 has 'em - never used 'em. This setup is used strictly to a computer for analog transfers so that isn't a necessity here. The switch impedance is a BIG plus, but the C-60 has that as well. And hopefully durability.

My C-70 has 'em - never used 'em. This setup is used strictly to a computer for analog transfers so that isn't a necessity here. The switch impedance is a BIG plus, but the C-60 has that as well. And hopefully durability.

I use the inverted all the time to bridge my B-6's.

C-60 should satisfy then. Give it a spin and see what you think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom