Alignment and more on Long Island NY?

acass

I've just bought a sansui TU-717 and would like to have some work done on it. The outside looks great and it will make a good addition to my system. I pulled the cover off it and the inside looks clean,it looks so good I am reluctant to let my clumsy hands touch anything.

What I would like to happen is to have it checked out to see if all is OK and then upgrade it and have an alignment done (it is 2 points out), Is there anywhere within 75 miles of Huntington Long Island NY that specializes in vintages Sansui. I would rather not ship it as even with the best packing things can go wrong. Also I would appreciate a quick turn around time. In addition I would like to put an IEC in it and an F connector on the back panel.

I ran it tonight and after 2 or 3 hrs it seemed to be losing stereo on at least 1 station, the stereo light went out and the audio disappeared. A bit like looking at a distant light through the branches of a tree, every time the wind blows the branches the light disappears sometimes not to come back. My MR71 didn't have any problems but then again it doesn't have the sophistication of the TU-717.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Acass.

Last edited:
See if maybe Audio Classics could service it. Not cheap. but they do fine work. Richard Modafferi knows tuners. They are located in Vestal, NY. And work on classic equipment.

Thanks for that suggestion Kent. I was hoping for somewhere closer, it's a bit of a drive to Binghampton. I took my MR71 up there when I got it and then went back again to collect it when it was finished. I'm driving a Bronco that has a thirst for gas, perhaps I should take it up there on a Greyhound Bus or whatever they are called now.

Back
Top Bottom