McIntosh 60

Northwinds

Huh? Turn what down?
Subscriber
I lucked into this and some other gear this morning. Serial number 5675. This is like a time capsule. No hums or crackles. Super clean in and out. Trannies are cool to the touch after an hour playing now

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v514/maxwedge426/DSCF7736_zpslo7dm39b.mp4

I have a question though. If I wanted to run another speaker, how would I do this? I realize it's still mono but I would not mind running two speakers if possible. Would the impedence be 4 ohms if I mated the speaker wires. Never messed with a mono amp like this so I figured I would ask first

Looks like a beauty.

If the speakers are 8 ohm, you would connect both speaker leads in parallel at the 4 ohm tap and COM.

Do not run a pair speakers of less than 8 ohm in parallel.

Also, do not run a tube amplifier without any load (ie: speaker(s)) connected.

You really owe it to yourself to pick up another MC 60 if & when you can.

Enjoy & congratulations on your find. :music:

Thanks for the info. I know about no load when powering up for sure. I use tube guitar amps and always make sure a cab is hooked up before powering up. I will give the 4 ohm hookup with the other 501 later today

Wow! What a nice score there. Grab another MC60 and you may never use another power amp again. I've owned three pair over the years and they are my favorite tube Mc amp.

Great amp and as far I could tell, in very good condition.
I agree with the guys you need another one. I use a pair in my living room every day and they sound fabulous :banana:

Back
Top Bottom