MX-120 setup mode question (sub gain)

k1creeker

Hi all,
This year I've been downsizing my 5.2 surround setup to 2.2 and am really pleased with the improvement in sound, and simpler layout. My wife likes having less speakers in the room as well.:D

To help control the bass issues in my room, I'm using an SVS AS-EQ1 to equalize 2 sealed subs. While running new calibrations last night, I noticed that the subwoofer gain adjustment is no longer available in the setup menu.

Mains are set to "large", Sub = Yes, surround and back surrounds = no.
I can adjust left and right main using the internal pink noise generator, the sub woofer option shows on the screen (with a value of 0), but the cursor skips over it.

Now, if I go back and set the surrounds = yes, the sub gain becomes available again. I'm really just interested to see if my MX120 is performing as designed. I can of course adjust the sub levels at the sub.

I can also control sub gain once out of "Setup mode" and using a source, say Pure Stereo for instance.

Any MX120 owners that can confirm this operation? Thanks in advance!

If you set your speakers to Large then the sub has nothing to do. You may want to set to a smaller size and then balance your subwoofers.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Thanks for the reply Ron. It makes perfect sense that this function would be locked out in my situation.

I may try setting my mains to small and crossover at 80hz just for kicks even though they're capable down to about 25hz ( KEF 107). Since they'll run full range when in 2-channel, I can give them a bit of a rest when in other DSP modes. I originally set them to large and Mc Bass on and it got boomy pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom