McIntosh C41 Hookup

Betrthanren

I have a McIntosh C41 Preamp that has a "Listen Processor" FROM and TO that says...allows an external signal processor to be connected for use in the listen mode. Does this mean I can take the front left and right outs of my non McIntosh surround sound receiver and bypass the receivers amp and use my McIntosh amp which is hooked up to my C41? Or is this used for totally something different...?

Thanks!

Seems worth trying. Newer preamps with true home theater pass through bypass the preamps volume control so you don't end up with the double-volume control problem you'd run into if you did it as you describe.

But it might be possible to set it right by ear, or it might be easier if you used full-volume tape/zone 2 outs on the receive.

I might give it a try...Thanks!
I see you have a D100. That's most likely my next McPurchase. Anything you can share about it? I'd be using it to stream Tidal through an Airport Express and my MacBook going USB along with High Rez files. I also want to use it for listening to CD's bypassing my built in dac in my CD player.
Any info you can share would be most helpful and beneficial.
Thanks!

The loops are the place you can insert a equalizer, dynamic range expander or some other processor that accepts an input and then outputs the modfied signal.

Your theater unit only has a output so to use it you need to put it into a high level input like a aux or tape in.

That circuit would be an ideal way of connecting a MEN220 in the future! I use that circuit on my C-34 to connect my 12 band graphic EQ, my DBX 3 BX expander and my DBX 119 which I use as a compressor for back ground music listening and to make cassettes for my old noisy diesel DODGE RAM pickup.

The loops are the place you can insert a equalizer, dynamic range expander or some other processor that accepts an input and then outputs the modfied signal.

Now that makes sense! Thanks for the info...most appreciated!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom