Favorite Female Artists

Based on my record collection, I'd have to say Janis Joplin, with Linda Ronstadt a close second.

Dave I tried to do this as a poll but fell asleep at the switch.For me it has to be Linda Ronstadt.

Dave there is a cd called Gram Parsons live '73 which features he and Emmy Lou.Gram as you know was a member of the Btyrds during the "Sweethearts of The Rodeo" Lp He was a genius musically who died of an overdose at the babyish age of 24

The cd is at www.mymusic.com search under Gram Parsons and Fallen Angels

Last edited:
Shirley Manson - one of the sexiest voices around. :ntwrthy:

Sinead O'Connor

ummm....Alison Krauss, Emmylou is damn good. Natalie Maines. Just to name a few.

J

Maia Sharp (kind of a newcomer), Deborah Holland (ex song writer and singer for Animal Logic), and now Judith Owen.

I kinda get tired of Diana Krall,,kinda sang herself into a corner,,,

Lita Ford

no wait!

Joan Jett

no wait!

Stevie Nicks

no wait!

Pat Benatar

no wait!

Heart

Damm thats two girls!

Melissa Etheridge

no wait!

Shania Twain :boink:

Della Reese all the way. You Ella fans ever hear the live recording from Berlin, when she forgot the words to "Mack the Knife" and made up her own as she went along? Incredible. I have it around here somewhere.

Toasted Almond

Originally posted by Toasted Almond
Della Reese all the way. You Ella fans ever hear the live recording from Berlin, when she forgot the words to "Mack the Knife" and made up her own as she went along? Incredible. I have it around here somewhere.

Toasted Almond

yeah TA. I think that one is one a couple of albums. Hmmm...I think it may be on Pure Ella too. I'll have to check :scratch2:

Any recommendations on the Della Reese cd? got a favorite album?

thanks

Anything with the song "Don't You Know" on it.

I have a two-album cd of hers called "The Classic Della". It is a Castle Communications product. It's catalog number is PCD 10145. It also has BMG written on it so it might be available through Columbia House (or whatever it's called now). There is no shortage of good songs on it. Thanks for asking mon!

"And now Ella, and her fella,
Were makin' a wreck, a wreck of Mack the Knife!"

Toasted Almond

Hope you like it! The song "Don't You Know" knocks me out. Vic Damone had a hit with it in the 50's. The actual music is from a classical piece. The first time I ever heard the MUSIC, was in the 70's or 80's as the background music to a damn spaghetti sauce commercial. Haunting music, I always liked it. Then in the mid 90's, I was doing a gig as a radio station dj, at a station that only played 30's, 40's and 50's. That's where I stumbled on the Della Reese version.

If you can't find it I can get the wife to burn you a copy. Just ask.

Toasted Almond

TA...Della is in...but she's sitting under the tree...so I'll have to wait a little bit to see what she has to say ;)

thanks again>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom