My Denon DP-60L arrived today.

smitkoku

:banana:
:D
:music:

Picked this up off the 'bay. The guy doesn't use that site much, his description was wonky and the pics weren't great, so when it didn't sell I made him an offer. He accepted, and shipped the table the next day (after I gave him pretty detailed instructions how to pack a table, since he didn't have the original box). Also, it doesn't have the s-arm, not the end of the world though, I figured.

It arrived today. He did a great job of packing, it took forever to unwrap all the pieces from the bubble wrapping. :thmbsp: (Some might consider that foreplay!)

Man........ this thing is as near to mint condition as I could even imagine!!! There is one tiny little scratch in the front, and a couple very superficial scratches in the almost mint cover. It came with a Denon DL-103R, which he had unmounted and was in the original package with all the paperwork.

I mounted an AT440MLA, since I'm not sure what the low-compliance Denon was even doing on that arm, and spun some vinyl. This is in my bedroom system, so is running through a Sansui AU-717 that was just restored, and playing through a pair of EPI M-50 speakers that I just restored. Obviously I can't compare it to my Thorens TD-125 mk2 which is in my reference system, but I can compare it to my digital source hooked up to the same amp. This Denon absolutely blows it away, no contest, not even close. I can't believe how fast it gets up to speed... less than one second, and the speed locks in perfectly to both speeds. Arm lift works perfectly and didn't even have to readjust, it lifts as soon as the arm hits the lead-out groove. :yes:

I've been wanting to get one of these for years, and I'm super geeked about this one. Best yet, I'm going to sell the Denon 103R cart so when it's all said and done I will only have paid about $100-150 for this MINT (did I already say that, MINT!) table.:tresbon:

Attachments

• dp-60l-6.jpg
    dp-60l-6.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 125
  • dp-60l-2.jpg
    dp-60l-2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 82
  • dp-60l-3.jpg
    dp-60l-3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 49
  • dp-60l-5.jpg
    dp-60l-5.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 75
  • dl-103r-1.jpg
    dl-103r-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 59
Scroe!!!

With comparable carts, I would expect that the Denon should outperform the Thorens by quite a wide margin.

In any event, that sure is one sweet turntable, love that plinth.

Now you just have to look for the other arm.

SCROE!!!:smoke::smoke::smoke:

Cheers

Beautiful! Kudos on that score!!

Nice I just one too, it's on the way from the original owner... I didn't pay what you did but still I got a great deal! Pictures to follow:tresbon: indeed!

BUT.... if you are getting it from original owner, I bet you get both tonearm wands. The last s-shaped tonearm that sold on the 'bay went for $268 (wand and counterweight). So, you might actually be getting a better deal.:dunno:

Regardless, you will be happy. The table sounds great.... PLUS, it is one of the most beautiful to look at IMO. :thmbsp:

beautiful table. That 103R isn't a bad cartridge.......you might not want it, but it likely wasn't a bad choice for the table with the right preamp.

Congrats to the OP on his Denon DP-60L and it proves that even with an inexperienced seller a turntable can be delivered undamaged if effort is made by the buyer to provide assistance/instructions.

beautiful table. That 103R isn't a bad cartridge.......you might not want it, but it likely wasn't a bad choice for the table with the right preamp.

The 103r is a great cart. Especially with the higher mass arm. That didn't come with the table. Esle I probably would have kept it.

BUT.... if you are getting it from original owner, I bet you get both tonearm wands. The last s-shaped tonearm that sold on the 'bay went for $268 (wand and counterweight). So, you might actually be getting a better deal.:dunno:

Regardless, you will be happy. The table sounds great.... PLUS, it is one of the most beautiful to look at IMO. :thmbsp:

no, I asked if he had the other S arm but he doesn't, that's okay the straight arm will be very nice.

Very sweet, I love the looks of the old DENONS. Just freindly reminder for all that have the old DENONS . Spend the $ 100 bucks or so and RECAP that baby. You don't want to have 50lb paper weight.
Sturg

Very sweet, I love the looks of the old DENONS. Just freindly reminder for all that have the old DENONS . Spend the $ 100 bucks or so and RECAP that baby. You don't want to have 50lb paper weight.
Sturg

Good idea. Any idea where to get a schematic?

Back
Top Bottom