Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Listening to "the Garden of Good and Evil" show on WQFS, 90.9, Guilford College, thru my Audio Dynamics T200.

listening to the Dream of Hairy Lime on 88.9 KXLU show focusing on Norman Whitfield tribute -- Masterpiece EP – A Whitfield-Strong Tribute
xdr-f1hd>au-717>alesis monitor one mk1

http://analogburners.com/

Masterpiece-EP-A-Whitfield-Strong-Tribute.jpg

Listening to KGON tonight on my Sansui TU-517 that I put in my new rack build up of components. It right now consists of the tuner I mentioned, a Nikko Alpha 3 amp, a Nikko Beta 2 preamp, a Nikko EQ-1, and a pair of RS Nova 8 speakers. Soon to be added is my Teac X-10 reel to reel as soon as the rack mount brackets get here and the Sansui SC-1100 cassette deck gets it's new belts.

Listening to KGON tonight on my Sansui TU-517 that I put in my new rack build up of components. It right now consists of the tuner I mentioned, a Nikko Alpha 3 amp, a Nikko Beta 2 preamp, a Nikko EQ-1, and a pair of RS Nova 8 speakers. Soon to be added is my Teac X-10 reel to reel as soon as the rack mount brackets get here and the Sansui SC-1100 cassette deck gets it's new belts.

Check out KBOO!

I have been listening to KGON since it was a little AM station out of Oregon City in the early 60's. I don't know whether it or KINK were first on the FM scene but it was close. KINK was the sister station to KGW AM 640. Used to listen a lot to KINK in the day especially the album previews which I recorded on my Bell & Howell reel to reel deck.

any good public/community radio in Miami?

I'm going to be in Miami for a few days - any good public/college/community radio with eclectic/world/jazz/caribean music programming worth checking out?

"I Really Like my Scott 350A...
91.9 WNTI Centenary College, Hackettstown, NJ."

Hey Sled108. I had a program on 'nti for many years way back...

I live too far away for terrestrial broadcasts now. What's some of you favs now?

Great Scott tuner BTW!

Been listening to blues/jazz on 89.1 out of WSU in Wichita, KS on my brother's Luxman R-361 receiver (excellent piece that seems to fly well under the radar) driving a pair of Mission Argonauts that I originally purchased new back in '86 that still sound great.

BBC Radio 3
All day poetry and music to celebrate Dylan Thomas.

All morning on a Hitachi HT-5500 MK2
Afternoon on a Sansui D99X

A local jazz station on a Sony ST-S555 ES tuner, bought new about 30 years ago. Looks very 1980's with way too much info on the flashy diagram-style display but it's dimmable to almost invisible. The sound quality and range (when using aireal at the cottage) is that of a fairly high-end but bland looking unit, like most of Sony's ES products did. Maroon finish makes them tricky to integrate with 1970's silver components, even those from Sony.

Started the day on 98.7 WFMT Classical, the show With Heart and Voice: sacred choral and organ music. Love the sound of those English cathedral choirs.... Looking forward to my usual dose of excellent jazz tonight on 90.9 WDCB.

Pioneer TX-9800.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom