CENTRAL TEXAS: Musicfest at Ranch de Kris

House de Kris

Loud-n-Deep
Everyone is invited to share music at the first musicfest at Ranch de Kris. What does this mean? We'll spend the evening playing tunes that each has brought to share with the others there. Therefore, the focus is music as opposed to gear.

DETAILS:
..Saturday 8/27/11
..8:00PM to as late as anyone wants to stay
..Gates open at 6PM
..Located in Caldwell County (between Bastrop and Gonzales)
..This is an outdoor event
..All genres are welcome
..Free to AKers and their guests

Being the first such event at Ranch de Kris, this is the start of the evolution. Each of these events (Of which there will be many) will be an evolutionary growth from the previous event. Come to the first event to see where the roots start, and to help define future such events.

Since this is a music sharing event, be sure to bring your tunes to share. Formats supported are CD-DA (regular CDs), Wav files (or MP3 if you insist) on USB hard drives, USB flash drives, or flash cards like SD, MS, or CF.

If interested, drop me a PM with your email address and I will forward detailed information to you about the location and other aspects. This is a working ranch, so I may not reply instantly, but within the day.

Details of the system to be used at this event are here.

Orange&Blue1.jpg

This should be a lot of fun, so drive a little, sit a spell, and soak up a bunch of tunes in the beautiful outdoors of Texas.

Dang, I got to work that day, but this sounds like a blast. I am definitely going to the next one if it falls on a day that I don't work (50/50). Great idea!

Out visiting family this weekend Kris, but would love to come out sometime in the fall...let's get past these 100 degree days a bit!

As a post mortem review, it was a pretty good evening. I had a good time, and the sound was very nice, in my completely unbiased and humble opinion. One comment heard was that the sound system 'funnels' the sound right into your head. I read this to mean a focused sound. I take this as a compliment, since I feel focused beats out diffused any day.

The lighting had the row of trees behind the speakers appear to be dancing to the music. I found that when I leaned my head back on the lounge chair, the audible image took on the size of the visual image. I played the first cut on Steven Kent's "Landing" CD, and his digeridoo sounded like it was 40 feet tall and 50 feet wide. That was a mighty powerful experience.

Also, we need to dispel this rumor about central Texas being hot. Sure, it is triple digits during the day, but when the sun goes down, it is purdy durn nice. I've been listening to this system at night now for the last five nights, and it is always very pleasant out there.

Anyway, keep your eyes pealed in this forum for a new thread for upcoming events as Ranch de Kris. Hope to see more of you out there soon!

Back
Top Bottom