design acoustics ps-10A enclosure?

legal eagle

Sound Hound
Got me a pair of design acoustics ps-10A for peanuts - and DAMN! these are a hidden treasure. They sound so good! Punchy, great stage, really a fine fine surprise.

However, in addition to the expected rot of the woofer surounds (no big deal), the enclosure itself shows advanced signs of fatigue. it is made of MDF which starts to fall apart, and I am contemplating just building the enclosure myself (yes, I like these that much).

Been trying to estimate the complexity of the task by finding pix of the enclosure INSIDE, in order to see if it is a simple box or is it compartmentalized inside, but could only find one pic (this http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57071&page=3).

Does anybody know if the PS-10A is a simple box or if it is a bit more complex? :scratch2:

yeahh, that's the pic (the only pic) I found of the inside. That is actually good news.

I just wish I could see the insides a little better, you know, for any hidden small details. Surprisingly I can't find any :no:.

The OEM woofers tend to have surround rot and the "beefyness" is NOt there on the OEM woofer either .

I took pics of before and after when I swapped out the surroundless woofers with some Realistic woofers ( ( Utah Speaker , I believe) beefier , more power handling.

I can post pics if someone wants to see

Back
Top Bottom